Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ignition module in distributor, do you guys change it?

L

L98corvette

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you guys changed your ignition module in your distributor. I have 83,000 mi on my 91 and was considering changing it, is it worth it or should i just leave it in there for now. Thanks

yeah i have thought about it too. but if i do i would get one from accel.

that is one of the few things I don't fix if it ain't broke.
Glenn
:w

I just tuned mine up and left it alone. A word of caution if you're planning a tune up. DO NOT use an MSD coil unless you get a tach filter adapter. It's not compatible by itself and will screw up your tach reading which will send the wrong info to the ECM......

Len:w

When I bought my 90 last year it had 83K on it. 1st thing I did was replace the plugs, wires, put and Accel ignition modual , super coil, cap and rotor. Never regreted it. Runs strong through the entire RPM range. I would go ahead and replace it.

my car (85) seems to not run smooth. it runs smooth at idle or when playing with the throttle. But when i'm driving it, it seems to rock back and forth on the gear (4+3) manual tranny. it feels like you push the gas and release the gas; the car plays with the slack of the gear.

I guess my question isL could this becaused by bad wire, plugs, distributor or is this a different thing all together.

Can some one shed some light.

Luc

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom