Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ignorance on my part

U

Uerik

Allright I just have a question here, possibly for future reference. I do not know too much about engines or ram air or supercharging. I have seen kits like the "mini ram II" offered by TPIS http:\\www.tpis.com that i guess replaces your stock injection system. I was wondering if it also replaces the plenums, and tube runners. If I were to do this should I also upgrade to the big mouth manifold and large tube runners? And how does all this affect future plans to supercharge? I am not even all that sure what supercharging is other than an injection of air. Any links or info you guys have to give me to educate myself would be great.

Chris

If Im correct (I think I am) the Plenum Runners and The Intake Manifold ARE the Ram air. You DO need the Fuel rail from them which is an additional 400 bucks so all you need is the Ram (895) and the rail(395) the only thing Im not to sure on is the fact that you do or do not need new Injectors (If I was in this far Id replace them) Also I just checked and you need the lvl 4 Prom they have as well the convert your computer.

Chris,

Check out my homepage link at the bottom of this thread. If you look at the "photos" tab and go into the 1990 Corvette photo album you will see the miniram vs. the tpi manifold that I installed.

It will turn your car into a whole new monster. The I and II design have to do with the Vortec heads and bolt pattern.

Chris would you be able to email or post the exacts on your motor, It looks like you have what I want sort of speak and Id like to start pieceing together the motor and slowly build an engine very similar to yours.

chadb60@hotmail.com

Thanks Bro.

BigRed,

A baby pitcure's cool, a babe in a bikini is better.

I'm sorry , but that picture freak's me out!!!

ROTFLMAO

Rick

BigRed said:
Chris would you be able to email or post the exacts on your motor, It looks like you have what I want sort of speak and Id like to start pieceing together the motor and slowly build an engine very similar to yours.

chadb60@hotmail.com

Thanks Bro.

You have mail.

You can also view them on the homepage under the 1990 Corvette page.

I saw the picture on the Interent somewhere and I laughed my @$$ off to. (But ya I think I'll get alternating them)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom