Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! I'm ashamed of myself !

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
You know people are sometime funny, it takes time to wake up. I bought this 2003 1SC 50th Anniversary coupe new, and I started to do things to it. All sorts of things upgraded headlights to sequential rear turn signals in back. I'd get out a wash and wax it and all the time thinking of what's next on the car to do, New Michelin Pilot sports tires to a new 'Corsa' Pace car exhaust. Inside I had the kit sold by corvette central that beefs up the seats and cushions and protects the air bladders from being cut on the frames sharp edges, spent close to a thousand dollars to have my door handle surrounds inside and the rear console done in medium Burl wood finish, a new console 50th Anniversary lid cover new painted and installed 'Apsis splash guards. Change to oil like a religion, same goes for front end alignments, you name it, I've done it. and my health has not been too great, but I somehow realized today something that I think some of us do. I've made a "Shrine" out of it. I've had it 10 years now and I've only put 16472 miles on it. But it hit me today "What the hell are you doing ?" . . . "What are you saving it for ?" All this to let it sit and collect dust. Well no more ! Today it went out and every day I can run it (Barring snow and salt) but that's where I draw the line. Boy, The website isn't working too good today (I can't turn off the bold type) But from here on it's getting run and going on a trip in the fall back to the Corvette museum by way of the Blue ridge mountains trail roads. No more sitting as a shrine.

Attachments

• 2003 Corvette sideview.jpg
    2003 Corvette sideview.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Image18.jpg
    Image18.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 104
  • SANY0051.jpg
    SANY0051.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 113
  • SANY0052.jpg
    SANY0052.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 99
  • !B+t5cOwCGk~$(KGrHqMOKooEy+jC0cQWBN!jw3so3Q~~_12.jpg
    !B+t5cOwCGk~$(KGrHqMOKooEy+jC0cQWBN!jw3so3Q~~_12.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 100
  • SANY0026.jpg
    SANY0026.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

catbert

Drive them - don't save them for the next owner. :thumb

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Turned mine over to 93k on our trip to California last month. Drive em. :w

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Enjoyed reading about your trip, thanks for sharing..:thumb

Thanks, Otter. Reading about others trips influenced me to do the same. Mine might not have been as complete as some others, but I hope that others could live the trip vicariously through my accounts.

Huskerman

Corvette
2010 Grand Sport Coupe Z16 Blade Silver
Run the wheels off that puppy.....when I got my GS a year ago my insurance agent asked if I wanted the low milage car deal they offer....I said no not on this car, I'm going to drive it as much as I can....put 7500 on it the first year.....not bad for me....Your car looks great, enjoy it.......

jmhorn52

Corvette
2008 Yellow ZHZ
I drive mine as much as I can I wont drive in snow but most every other day I can I will. Unfortunately when the family goes somewhere its the suburban. I still try to keep it looking real clean but its driven

Mac

Administrator
Corvette
1973 coupe L82 (gone as casualty of divorce)
No more sitting as a shrine.
Museums are nice. Corvettes are nicer. Drive it!

-Mac

ps: the website is working fine for me. If you continue to have issues, let us know!

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
I was able to undo the BOLD thing for you Killian.

Corvette
I was able to undo the BOLD thing for you Killian.

Thanks Tom, Once I turned it on I couldn't turn it off ! And this Corvette is going to be driven every other day, no excuses, save for snow & salt, It's going to turning the wheels. The Corvette is just like money. My grandfather told me once,

"Money is like a tool, treat it with respect, but make sure your not afraid of using it, cause you ain't gonna need it where we're going !" :w

PAULIE B

Corvette
2007 sliver, 02 sold ,87 sold
"DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT"!:thumb
I took mine out the other night and I was debating if I should. Well I did and it was hot and it started to rain. Well I tell you man it was a pleasure to be in it. Air works great and handling is fantastic!!! We all have to drive them a lot more!!:cool!:

red and black

Corvette
1998 red vert
Took your advice to heart and just yesterday the odo turned from the 6,000 miles that it had when i bought it in October to 7001. Not bad for a 1998 huh? :eyerole

Wegone

Corvette
82,91 ZR-1,
I agree they are meant to be driven, just hit 160K on my 04 :D

Corvette
Water threat ?

Left mine out in the rain last night (top up ) It didn't melt .;)

I know that water isn't a problem, I just don't take it out in winter around December towards the end of the month, we usually get a storm, like a ice storm and then they go like all H&^% to put the salt down. Now the salt by itself is a problem, but a few days after and the suns evaporated and only the salt remains and once you have a few of these ice storms and the salt is pounded from all the vehicle tires the stuff become a "Salt dust". This dust goes EVERYWHERE. anywhere air can go, the salt dust goes. So I put the corvette on a smart trickle float charger and I put a bottle of 'Gas Stable' in the fuel tank. And then in the start of April I bring it back out. Anniversary Red Is a real PITA to get scratches out of. A lot like anyone who owns a black Corvette.

vett boy

Corvette
2008 vert 6M silver
I know that water isn't a problem, I just don't take it out in winter around December towards the end of the month, we usually get a storm, like a ice storm and then they go like all H&^% to put the salt down. Now the salt by itself is a problem, but a few days after and the suns evaporated and only the salt remains and once you have a few of these ice storms and the salt is pounded from all the vehicle tires the stuff become a "Salt dust". This dust goes EVERYWHERE. anywhere air can go, the salt dust goes. So I put the corvette on a smart trickle float charger and I put a bottle of 'Gas Stable' in the fuel tank. And then in the start of April I bring it back out. Anniversary Red Is a real PITA to get scratches out of. A lot like anyone who owns a black Corvette.
Salt sucks for all the reasons you mentioned .Drove back from Florida in early February during "The Big One" didn't think i'd ever get her clean .:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Top Bottom