Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: I'm trying to choose a higher grade intake, any help is appreciated !

yeah.thats cool.I never thought a c.a.i. would make a big hp change but I THINK every little thing helps.I also did the coolant bypass trick.Why would I want hot coolant passing through my throttle body when I live in hot a-- florida?Besides these little things are cool to do!:w

Blackwing

Enjoy my Blackwing, easy to maintain, also, CORSA PACECAR, great combo !!

ENJOY:beer

OK, one last concern with any 'Oiled' fiter element ?

Enjoy my Blackwing, easy to maintain, also, CORSA PACECAR, great combo !!

ENJOY:beer
Ok, I have not seen it or heard it mentioned, but has anyone fouled the MAF sensor with the filter being so close and having an oiled fiter medium ? . . . Just wondering ? Has to do with ALL OILED FILTERS !

Hib, how do you feel about this? You've tested just about anything and everything sold for a Corvette, more or less. :L

Ok, I have not seen it or heard it mentioned, but has anyone fouled the MAF sensor with the filter being so close and having an oiled fiter medium ? . . . Just wondering ? Has to do with ALL OILED FILTERS !

I've fouled the MAF on my Sliverado a number of times, but I have yet to throw a P0101,2 or 3 code on the Vette. Perhaps the MAF is a little sturdier on the performance cars? I'd be interested to hear from other members if they've had that problem.
Cheers :beer

No Brand Loyalty

I've never been partial to any of the aftermarket air intake systems. When I sent my car to Lingenfelter for engine work they installed a Donaldson Blackwing so I stayed with it.
Remo:cool

I've fouled the MAF on my Sliverado a number of times, but I have yet to throw a P0101,2 or 3 code on the Vette. Perhaps the MAF is a little sturdier on the performance cars? I'd be interested to hear from other members if they've had that problem.
Cheers :beer

If you do over-oil the filter and foul the MAF you can degrease using CRC spray MAF cleaner. Other cleaners are death on MAFs because they are too harsh. The CRC cleaner really is a godsend for those of us who are compelled to use the HIPO intakes.

I have not cleaned my Blackwing yet-but I have the kit.I'm concerned about this too!The little sensor has not popped up yet,but it lookes a little dirty and it's been on my vette for a few years!I don't want to screw things up!Any ideas out there?:confused

After Market REAL cold air intake

Vararam is tops. Not in dyno testing but real world quarter mile track results. The faster you go, the more wind resistance your car obviously gets is the same wind resistance ramming into your vararam dual inlets in front of your car. I also replace my MAF, larger air bridge and a LS6 intake...along with my long tube headers, hi-flow cats and slp powerflo exhaust, my car is breathing very nicely. I feel the difference expecially when I ramp up in speed. I have 3.42 gears in a dyno tuned a4 and the car is a blast. eibach stabilizer bars help it handle better than stock also. My only problem is wheel spin even going over 30 miles an hour. Vararam is my choice. :)

I had a Blackwing installed on my 2002 at Funfest in 2008. I was under the impression it was made by SLP. I have never done anything to it, the pop-up maintenance needed indicator hasn't poped up yet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom