Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Indoor Car cover... Needed or not? What type?

jcondne

Corvette
1987 Red Convertible
I am wondering if I should use a cover for indoor storage during the winter months. If so, what type of cover should I use? Flannel???

Thanks JOHN

i garage my 82 and my fathers 07 over the winter but went out and bought at the time the highest rated cover for both just for the simple reason i didnt want to have to buy another one if by some chance i had to leave either out in the weather...... unfortunately asking which cover to buy is like asking which oil to use.... god only knows what the best one is! ... i dont remember which ones i gt but i can tell you i paid like 300 bucks a piece :ugh

I used a medium-priced cover made for my year vette (about $75) for several years when I stored the car in a rented garage. Mostly to keep out nosey eyes. Now that I don't store it at all, I drive it during the winter, I use nothing. If you may need to store it outside in the weather and wind, a soft liner is important to keep the finish from being scratched up - they cost more. My neighbor used a cheap vinyl cover outside for one winter and the piled snow and winds loused up the finish.

When I stored mine winters I didn't use a cover.Reasons we're that the most that will happen is dust .The first thing ya do in the spring is wash it.The other big reason is that the cover is a great way for fury little critters to gain a way to get seat time in your car and nest.

The best place and way to store your car during the winter months is Conway Self Storage (Orlando airport) You'll never regret it .

he makes a good point about the furry critters..... as much as its not very pleasant moth balls dont hurt even in just in the engine compartment..also midew bags are worth thier weight in gold!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom