Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Installing a set of Bilstein sports shock

Gunner41

Corvette
1999 gray Hard Top
I brought a set of Bilstein sports shocks for my C5 with a Z51 suspension. The old rear shocks have a plate on the top for two bolts, that bolts to the bracket on the car. The Bilstein rear shocks did not come with this plate. How can I install the rear Bilstein shocks?

Just take the plate off the old shocks and install it on the new shocks.

I brought a set of Bilstein sports shocks for my C5 with a Z51 suspension. The old rear shocks have a plate on the top for two bolts, that bolts to the bracket on the car. The Bilstein rear shocks did not come with this plate. How can I install the rear Bilstein shocks?

As stated, the plates are removed from the OEM shocks, and then attached to the new shocks being installed.

Using heavy duty zip ties to compress the shocks during removal, and when installing, makes the job a lot easier. Good luck with it. :)

Thanks a lot. I thought I had made a mistake. I will do juts that. it make sense to me now.

As stated, the plates are removed from the OEM shocks, and then attached to the new shocks being installed.

Using heavy duty zip ties to compress the shocks during removal, and when installing, makes the job a lot easier. Good luck with it. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom