Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Insurance cost's for a C4?????????????

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Hi

I just received my yearly insurance bill listing all of my cars.

What troubles me is that l'm paying for my 96LT1 $1803 a year. Now if this was my main car or my daily driver l could care less, but only driving it approx 3000 miles per year, l think the cost is high. Regardless of how far l really drive l would tell an insurance company that l drive 5000 miles a year, all pleasure.

This is my question, am l getting ripped off or is this the going rate? If you live outside a major city in a semi rural area l know that your insurance will be lower.

Also l noticed that l do not get a discount for theft because they claim that the 96 vette does not have a theft control device. I think they call it number 111.

I'm insured through Liberty Mutual.

One more point, if you get into any accident and it cost the insurance company any more then $500 including tax or paying for his or your rental car it's the same if you cost the insurance company $50,000 as far as your rate increase and loss of any discount they gave you and this does not include surcharges.

Moral of the story if you get into a fender bender and the cost to remedy both cars is under a couple thou, pay for it yourself if you were in the wrong and did l leave out if you were wrong the ticket and the points on your license.

This is America the home of capitolism and still the best place to be.

Alan

I am paying less than 2400 for a 2000 Bonneville and a 99 Vette. Both have 500 deductable. The C4 cost me about 900 a year. Thats with all knids of discounts. The C5 is less, dont know why.

I think Jersey is one of the few places on earth where car insurance is more than New york city.

New Jersey is over rated!!!!!!!!!

Hi Warren

I think that l'm getting beat, l will be on the phone with my so called agent Monday morning.

My total bill is $4800, something is wrong.

Alan

2002 Jaguar X and 2002 Volvo V40 wagon

Alan

I have the 93 insured through Classic car insurance and it runs around $300 a year. That's with a 3000 mile a year limit and both my wife and I having primary drivers.:w

$580/yr full coverage $1k deduct and 7k mileage limit. Liberty Mutual. Of course, living in Joisey may be a factor in your costs as well as your driving record.

I'm pretty sure I get anti-theft but I'll double check.

Check Haggerty and Grundy.I have Haggerty unlimited milage no restrictions except for racing(but tell them in the quote under 5k per year) for $300 with $15000 agreed value 300k comp/collision $1000 deductable plus 3 flatbed tows per year of 50mi.Grundy had it for $279 but I already paid Haggerty. What is you age it DOES have some bearing on prices.

If you are only going about 3k a year and using it for pleasure you should qualify for specialty ins. I insure mine w/ Grundy for $453 a year. If I were you I would switch the vette to another policy all by itself. There are quite a few companies out there that specialize in this. Good luck, Guy

I have AAA with a full coverage, $500 deductible and 7,500 annual miles for $803 a year. If I would put 5,000 miles/yr it was going to be cheaper, other insurances ask if you drive your Vette to work and if you do, you do not qualify. I do drive my ride to work once in a while.

Try http://lelandwest.com/

I have my 90 full coverage with 500 ded. comp. for $660 a yr with State Farm .
:w

Check out AARP-The Hartford-----I pay $385.00 per year for full coverage, $1000.00 deductible on my 96 LT4 convertible

I pay $1,100 a year for my '87 TT and 03 Silverado, full coverage and unlimited miles on both.

Reno Rob said:
Check out AARP-The Hartford-----I pay $385.00 per year for full coverage, $1000.00 deductible on my 96 LT4 convertible

Yep, Hartford is the one for me. I have all my vehicles; Vette, '23 Ford T-Bucket streetrod with built 350, GMC van, driver Neon, and the house (gets extra 10% discount on vehicles & residence) insured with them. State Farm and American Family can't even come close.
Must be AARP member for special pricing. Anyone age 50 and over can join AARP for $8 per year.

Insurance co's

Thanks l will start on my quest on Monday.

Thanks.

Alan

P.S. i tried looking up Grundy and it seems all that l was able to find was company's that handled it. Is there a direct site out there?

Grundy 1-800-338-4005

Ouch!!!
$638 a year, 100/75/100, 500 deductibe ($100 on glass and vandalism) with no mileage restrictions. Move to the country man, and insure with Farm Bureau!! The C5 is going to be $30 higher, same policy.

I also live in NJ and insurance for me is $1,849 a year with the 1986 (pleasure use only) and my 2003 Ford Explorer. I called Grundy and they told me they do not insure corvettes unless it is part of a collection. Not quite sure what that means. Nonetheless, I called American Collectors and they quotes $250 a year for 5,000 miles. Once I get off my butt and complete the application I will make the switch.

Funny thing, my insurance did not go up much when I added the vette. I think I was paying $1,200 for just the Explorer. My buddy in NC pays less in taxes for his house then I pay in car insurance!!! That's NJ for ya!!!

How's their coverage!

As far as comp and liability l'm sure they are ok, but do they lack any kind of normal coverage.

Today people who get into accidents think that they hit lotto and will sue regardless if they are really hurt.

My neighbor was in a bad accident but she is 100% today but stil uses a handicapp sticker and let me tell you she is stronger then l am. She carry's out her garbage cans like they were empty. One day l walked over to see how heavey they really were. I hate to admit it but l could barely lift it.

Three years ago her son started a fire with a cigarette in their garage and they are the cheapest people that l know and they fought with the insurance company until they redid their entire house.

That's why l'm concerned about coverage.

alan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom