Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Insurance cost's for a C4?????????????

I can't speak for Kingman, but living in Maryland, and having relatives in NJ, my answer is : No. He's not overstating it. It is just as described.

The South is not the North!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

And the East is not the West. Things are so different from state to state that it's hard to believe.
In New York a pack of ciragettes is l believe between $7.50 & $8.00, what does it cost in Alabama?
In New York a person can sue a car mfr if one of their leased cars gets into an accident and the person driving it doesn't have enough insurance.

It goes on and on.

Alan

Hey, Kingman, I feel your pain on the rates as we all do. I am in the business on the commercial side and I can tell you that New Jersey has the highest insurance rates in the country. Your proximity to New York is part of the reason. I am in suburban Chicago and pay about $1800 a year for my C-5 with no mileage limit, a Lexus and a Chrysler Sebring. You can up your ded. to save dough and shop around. Check with Geico, and Progressive. Good luck.

RJ

Ins.

I also had sky rocket costs. Went to Classic Car; $483/year; 20K worth of vehicle. Real easy. Phone call; sent application; they needed pictures (what c-vette person dosn't like to take pictures of their baby). Taken care of in a couple of weeks !!!
Good luck, George

RonJ said:
My 1985 costs $494 and the 1998 costs $831, that's Canadian.

I have three other vehicles insured and insurance is cheaper by the dozen ..... :D

Ron ... :w
http://lant-ins.ca/
Anything 88 or older is so cheap with these guys...

kingman said:
While l appreciate all of your help, my state is in a class by itself. There is probably 35% of the drivers without any insurance at all. Everybody is looking to sue somebody and everybody.

We are a cash strapped state that is over regulated and over taxed. Every time we run short we raise the tax on cigarettes and sometimes gas. There is a tax on anything that can be taxed. We even charge all Incorporated companies $10 a week as a surcharge. This state doesn't have enough money to give local schools, so our house taxes are crazy.

We keep on raising the tolls on roads that were promised when the cost of the original roads were paid off the toll will stop. That was eon's ago.

The only people that get hurt are the middle class because the people that cannot afford to pay for auto insurance and health insurance tell everybody to go ahead and sue them. If they have nothing you cannot take from them.

The illegal aliens are going to our schools and hospital's and take welfare and food stamps at will. So the middle class has this burden to carry.

Yes the answer is to move and that's going to be my next step. The cost of living here is out of control unless you have nothing and then it's a garden of eden.

Alan

p.s. What l'm only looking for is help within my state. Haggerty and Grundy and American Classic's will not cover a 96 vette because it's too new period or they will not come to New Jersey and l really cannot blame them.

I tells ya, with our PC policies towards the rest of the world, there will come a time when wooden clogs tread through the ashes and bones of America...

A person can still sell what they have, move to a reasonably decent place in the tropics and live like a King on about $300.00 a month, no taxes.

I'm paying $424/year through Allstate for my 95. Of course I'm paying another couple grand for homeowners, three other cars, rental proerty, personal liability. Don't get me started on insurance. I think they just threw me a bone with the Vette coverage. It doesn't include collsion either.

RJSROCKET said:
I tells ya, with our PC policies towards the rest of the world, there will come a time when wooden clogs tread through the ashes and bones of America....
Sent from Shanghai- Seeing what is being invested here, much of it from the US, I'd recommend learning to eat with chopsticks.

RJSROCKET said:
A person can still sell what they have, move to a reasonably decent place in the tropics and live like a King on about $300.00 a month, no taxes.
Any roads to drive the Vette on, there? Ages ago, My wife and I each got #1 trophies in a Sandkhana in Myrtle Beach, in a '63 spilt.

vettte - 560 fire/theaft/glass
R 60 - 650 Full cover/1000 ded
Pontic van 625 Fulll cover/1000 ded
Big bikes[1000+cc] 425 ea. fulll cover/500 ded
Other bikes 150 ea. 3rd party only

First DL issued 1963 no accidents or claims and no ticks on record.;)

Fleet policy [3rd party for a any vehicule driven by any employee on business] 2225.
:w

If your driving record is good and you're over 25 (or is it 28) and/or married, then you're getting reamed by Liberty Mutual.

I'm in the most congested part of NJ (right across the river from NYC) and pay NJ Manufacturer's Ins. $980/year for my '94-6spd. That's with $500K liability and collision and comprehensive. $500/$100 deductibles for collision/comprehensive.

1995 Coupe - $450 per year (I drop 3 Winter months), full-coverage, unlimited mileage, $1Kdeductible. State Farm

kingman said:
Hi

And the East is not the West. Things are so different from state to state that it's hard to believe.
In New York a pack of ciragettes is l believe between $7.50 & $8.00, what does it cost in Alabama?
In New York a person can sue a car mfr if one of their leased cars gets into an accident and the person driving it doesn't have enough insurance.

It goes on and on.

Alan

what do you make a year? a pack of cigs may be more $$ but so are the salaries. If you lived in Florida, would you complain that the car is priced too high? After all, the price of the car may be more when compared in relative terms of average salary. I know I could make twice as much living in the northeast, but my house would also cost twice as much, etc. etc.

The bottom line is insurance is only one aspect of the cost of living in a given area... everything has to be weighed, and IMHO, the country is pretty balanced when all options are figured.

I agree with you on the salaries!

And of course the cost of living but not everybody makes a good living, whatever that means.

There was a report this week that an insurance company reported a 14% net profit this year which is incredible.

Alan

kingman said:
And of course the cost of living but not everybody makes a good living, whatever that means.

There was a report this week that an insurance company reported a 14% net profit this year which is incredible.

Alan

14% is incredible for insurance... and of course, not everyone makes a good living, but if I didn't make a decent living and lived up north, I would move south... but, to each his own :D that is what really makes america great

Vettelt193 said:
what do you make a year? a pack of cigs may be more $$ but so are the salaries. If you lived in Florida, would you complain that the car is priced too high? After all, the price of the car may be more when compared in relative terms of average salary. I know I could make twice as much living in the northeast, but my house would also cost twice as much, etc. etc.

The bottom line is insurance is only one aspect of the cost of living in a given area... everything has to be weighed, and IMHO, the country is pretty balanced when all options are figured.
A friend of mine, Shirley Hooper, suggested that the world monetary system should be adjusted to a Big Mac, fries and a Coke. Regardless of the currency everybody would know how many hours they had to work for a Happy Meal and therefore what they were worth in the world marketplace.

She never became President but she became very, very rich.

Seminole country???????

Yes the south has a big draw the climate, but the humidity is the deal breaker with my wife. My older son lives in Atlanta and the humidity there in the summer is brutal.

My younger son is a Gator grad, but Gainsville, Fla is a college town. I love the Boca area but to pay in excess of a million dollars for a so so house and to pay the taxes on it doesn't make sense to me.

I love the south but my business interests are up north and l love the different seasons.

No matter where you live it is expensive if you live right.

Alan

On this particular policy I have a 2003 Dodge Durango and my 89 Vette. With the Vette it is $1043.00 every six months, without the Vette it is $1063.00 every six months lol.

So my Vette costs $-20.00 every six months..

Kingman, if you're military

Give USAA Ins Co. a try (they insure military, FBI, CIA, etc). I pay $980. a year for 300/500 liability in Morris Co. As an alternative, Geico is writing again in NJ. They quoted me $975. for my '92. Of course, Geico won't match USAA's service or cash rebates, but then I'm biased, I work for 'em.

RailUnder said:
Give USAA Ins Co. a try (they insure military, FBI, CIA, etc). I pay $980. a year for 300/500 liability in Morris Co. As an alternative, Geico is writing again in NJ. They quoted me $975. for my '92. Of course, Geico won't match USAA's service or cash rebates, but then I'm biased, I work for 'em.
:BOW

USAA gives great service and prices. I wish that I could use them for the company cars!
My buddy, with USAA, who is 1/2 my age and with tickets is paying 20% less for the coverage on his Volvo R60 than we pay on ours. (the cars are twins) When a punk smashed his window USAA got it fixed in just a couple of hours. I am still waiting for my insurance co. to pay for the Thunders window that was broken out 13 months ago.

cjs2 said:
Alan

http://www.americancollectorsins.com/

The web site should have the specific coverage info you are looking for. NJ does {blank} when it comes to car insurance!!!!! We won't even touch property taxes!!!!

That's why I lived in Penn. side and worked in NJ when I live there from 95 to 03 just before Jim told the whole world that he's Gay:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom