Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Intake Manifold Question

Hi!

The 65 NCRS JG list manifold #3844461 for the L79 & L76 for Corvette. I think it would be a good one to hang on to.

Ray

Also applies to the '64 365 hp. They go from around $200 to $350 depending on condition.

Rich

To condense the last 2 posts...... The '461 manifold was used on 64 365 hp (L76) engines and 65 365 hp (L76) and 350 hp (L79) engines. All three engines used the 2818 series Holley carb.

mailmaninvette said:
Larry

The only other part I found is a 12 bolt posi for a 70
Camaro , long story how I ended up with it in a trade
for another 12 bolt. A neighbor is taking that to a swap
meet for me and is going to sell the two 327 's that I
have and the power glide . I have to thank you again
for the help to pass on what I am not using to someone
that will . Our trip to Fla is still on for May ,my wife
was after me today to start the prep work on the 87 .
Our plans now are to leave early and return ??? first
vacation in 17 years, can not wait that long again.

Roy

I have been thinking of you and your vacation, And thinking how lost your going to be with nothing to do.

Have fun and be safe

mailmaninvette said:
Thanks for the information I will take better care of
the manifold now . I should have known to ask here
first and saved myself a lot of time .

Roy

I also have a 365 aluminum intake. Can you or others tell me about the way the ports are arranged? from the driver's perspective, the left side opening is oblong front to back while the passenger side is one port in front and one behind. I expected to see either a large square opening or four holes. it almost looks like the carb should be mounted with the primaries rotated 90* to the right and the secondaries over the oblong opening on the driver's side. I realize that is not right, but... i don't understand the arrangement from back in the day...

:confused

JohnZ said:
It's designed that way, and is correct; had to do with wave dynamics and reversion.

:beer

Thanks for the info. I feel better now and with the tips, etc., received from you and others in another thread, the '65 is performing extremely well.

:D :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom