Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Interesting Vette for sale

kiwi vet

Corvette
1981 Black/Camel T Top "RAC3R"
Hey All from down under :w

Saw this and thought it was interesting enough to post.

Greenwood widebody on a 79 with CE interior and rear window kit.
Cyclone wheels, Daytona hood etc etc.

By the way have a look at the "Callasta" or some name like that on the previous page from above "they only made 50" which I think was about 50 to many!:puke

Anyway happy viewing

TaG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979...106436894QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270106436894

What the .. ???

To each their own, but, not for me..

It seems to have CE Trim inside and out (the rear decal on the tank, the brown insets on the lights, etc). Too bad he doesnt list his VIN#.. ;squint:

Could it be that someone took a 82CE body and modded it onto a 79 (if it's a 79, i dont know), added the Kit and hood and and and..

If i had to guess, i would guess, this to be a 82CE, with a different engine and speedo and the G Kit. And if it's indeed a Turbo GT Greenwood as he claims, he must have documentation with a decal to prove it.

Not my thing. But to each their own..

:w
-Stefan

Not for me either but it is unique. 82ColEd, you right it does not appear to be a 79. Rather an 82CE. Color looks good though and I love the rear window.

the Cabalista was built by a neighbor of mine from way back when ;LOL I can remember seeing one being converted and asking him "why?" all he said was "you should see how much money I get for these things" that was back in the days of "Pimpmobiles"

the picture of Les with the Scorpion was taken in the parking lot of the High School I attended I saw much of its construction hanging out after school at his garage

I don't want to burst the seller's bubble, but that's an Eckler's aero kit and not Greenwood.

I'll pass on this one.
:)

Eww yuck.

I threw your link at the 82CE crowd over at the 82ceregistry.com, and one of them found pics on the Greenwood site that show this car (in front of them same building/barn).. Weird stuff. He also asked the seller for the vin# but hasnt gotten anything yet. One wonders.. ;squint:

The pics (Thanks to Bronxkie!)
turbogold82rear.jpg

turbogold82front.jpg

And the link at the 82CE Reg thread about this car..

I'll be keeping an eye out on this one..

:w
-Stefan

PS:
From the Ebay site:

Item title: Chevrolet : Corvette

Time left: Auction has ended.

Reserve not met

(Highest bidder was at $11000)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom