Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Interior dash lights

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

poorboys831

Corvette
1993 ruby red coupe
The background lights do not come on in any position-tried to find a fuse that is for that area-does anyone know where it is ? Thanks Dennis L.:ugh

The background lights do not come on in any position-tried to find a fuse that is for that area-does anyone know where it is ? Thanks Dennis L.:ugh
what year car ,instrament cluster fuse would be a quick place to check ,google it ? the light switch might be bad ,i have had that happen b4 not in a vette byt my truck 2 diff trucks actually!,fixed it both times the headlights would work but no dash

Background (dash) lights...

This was sent to me and it worked;
The fuse block is located under the right side of the dash. Check the fuse called "INST LPS" fuse # 15, it's the one located in the 5th row across and 3rd one down. If the fuse is good, with the ignition in the on position check for 12 volts at the dimmer switch assembly this is a dark green wire. If you have 12 volts replace the dimmer switch assembly, if not repair the dark green wire. Hope this is helpful to you.

I had a similar problem. My interior lights would flicker when I hit a bump in the road and eventually they would stay on. It turned out to be bad courtesy light switches in the door. They are located near the rear of the door opening about mid way down. You have to remove the door panel to change them out. Good luck.

Amazing connections !

I am surprised that there are several different solutions to the dash lights issue. Occurs to me we need to form a team to investigate flaws in the GM wiring. Just maybe a solid fix could from it. Seems a lot of folks are having the same failure with the dash lights. Just saying...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom