Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

interior lightd

jsmith6752

Corvette
1985 C4
I have 2 questions actually. Where is the relay located exactly on a 1985 C4 ? My other question is what is the plastic plunger on the back of the door for? It pushes in and out when the door is open....thanks

The Plastic plunger may be part of the seat belt system. When you open the door does the seat belt retract when you release it?;shrug

If you are referring to the timer delay, it is up underneath the passenger hush panel, just below the breadbox. It is a thin black plastic box, 2x2, somewhat 'L' shaped with I 'think' a 5 wire plug. It is sometimes taped to the wire harness. Little tough to get to, taking the seat out is a big help.

I dont think there is a true "relay" like a horn or headlight relay in the interior light wiring harness, just the timer relay.

The plunger on the rear of your door (the stubby one that presses in a fraction of an inch) is part of the factory security system, to let the alarm know if the door has been open while armed.

interior lights

thanks for the response...is that the first place to look for no interior lights? They work fine when you try them with the headlight knob

I would look at the metal plunger switches in the hinge area below the windshield first.(front jamb). Sounds like the fuse is OK if the headlight knob turns them on.

Wiggle them, turn them gently with a deep well socket; I think its 7/16, to see if you can get at least a flicker out of them.

If this isn't helping, I'd turn to the timer. Try to open your hatch with the door panel switches and the console switch. If you can't open the hatch, its a good indication the timer is bad. That doesn't mean there isn't a wiring problem, but its just an easy way to begin narrowing things down. You can also jump white to white on the timer delay as well to get the lights working, you just lose your delay function when you do this.

Hope this helps, let us know how you make out.:beer

Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom