Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is there a specific wiper blade for the 89 Vette?

1989 406

Corvette
1989 406
I just changed mine and for a while they opened and closed fine, now the ds is getting stuck when opening and closing. It is not clearing the hood.

Yes the normal wiper blade replacement will be too tall to clear the hood. I put new blades on my car and started out on a trip in the rain and the blades kept clicking on the hood. I was going by an Advance Auto Parts store with a corvette parked in the employee parking spots so I stopped. The owner of the corvette there was an employee and as soon as I told him what was happening he pulled a set of blades out and put them on my car and the problem was fixed. I don't remember the name of the blades other than it had a teflon wiper.

The trouble with the aftermarket blades is that they are too tall to clear the hood. When I had my C4s and replaced the blades, I purchased OEMs from the dealer, but the last time I purchased one about 3 years ago, it cost about $23. It worked fine. Maybe someone else has experience with aftermarket blades and can recommend a replacement. If not, bite the bullet and purchase the replacement from the dealer.

Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom