Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is this a common problem on 2005 C-6?

abc

Corvette
The fuel door will not stay shut/locked. It keeps opening up.:mad

Had the same problem had to beat on the side of the car:bang to get the plunger to stay out. Dealer:Silly will replace unit for free. Takes about an hour....

Jimailer said:
Had the same problem had to beat on the side of the car:bang to get the plunger to stay out. Dealer:Silly will replace unit for free. Takes about an hour....
I just hope the dealership has the part in stock as I'm already going in for a part they ordered for another problem where I was getting "Shift to Park" message on DIC. Turns out it needs new park/neutral switch that is on side of transmission. Hopefully these are two separate problems and not related to one another as they had to check ground when locating this problem.

abc said:
The fuel door will not stay shut/locked. It keeps opening up.:mad

Same problem. Dealer removed pin/cable and lubed it. Works perfectly ever since

bt944 said:
Same problem. Dealer removed pin/cable and lubed it. Works perfectly ever since

I went into hatch and checked the pull cable tab release for fuel door.
I found that when I pushed it in (opposite of pulling it) the door locked but it didn't stay in that position for long so I will have dealership fix it and hopefully I can wait while they do this unless they order me a new part.:confused

Does anyone know if this assembly looks the same as the assembly for the C-5? I would be interested in just what exactly was lubed. The C5 has the piece inside the door itself, then there is about 8 inches of cable which the manual lanyard is attached to, and then on then on the other end of the cable is where the elctrical connection is and the solenoid.

See this link

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=676550&postcount=11

Full Thead There is some good information and graphics in this thread

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79204&highlight=fuel+door+latch

ErnieCorvetteC-6 said:
Not here with 2 years of service. :)

Turns out that it needs a new activator replace whole new cable. Before this I just had the Park/neutral switch which is attached to transmission replaced.

Not having a C6 manual, I cannot say for sure, but I would almost bet the assemble looks or is the same assemble I posted pictures of in the other thread I linked to here. There is just not much one can do with the activator portion which sticks into the fuel door and holds the door closed. It is either the cable or something within the actual activator portion, spring breaks, activator pulls/retracts cable and will not release (Sticks) until released by lanyard, which is the case with mine.

abc said:
Turns out that it needs a new activator replace whole new cable. Before this I just had the Park/neutral switch which is attached to transmission replaced.

I hear you. That area of activator rod seems like it can break easily when fueling up.

Must go with caution.:rotfl

Chev. dealer is going to replace whole assembly, cable and activator.:_rock

Maybe something got lost in translation, but I know for the C5's this is the only way it comes as one complete unit for around $75.00 plus tax.

Go back and look at these pictures and piece them together in your mind

The far left is the door piece, the cable, the electrical/mechanical and the lanyard cable which runs from the eletrical/mechanical.

Gas door locking/unlocking assemble

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom