Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

is this total b.s. OR NOT?

grumpyvette

my brother-in-laws got a 1974 vette hes building with a 454 big block, he wants the chrome side exhaust so he ordered hookers version, it arrived with one of the header tubes on the drivers side noticeably DENTED, he sent it back, the dealer he bought it from exchanged it for a set of very similar dougs chrome headers, they also arrived DENTED, he sent those back, the third set of headers was HOOKERS version....unbelievably they arrived DENTED, and were not talking minor cosmetic dents, but dents that look like someone big used a ball peen hammer on the headers, now the dealer will refund the money but refuses to send more headers, and get this , told him they come that way from the factory?????the damage has always been on the drivers side second tube but not in the exact same place, nor has the dent looked similar

Last edited:
If all 3 came that way, then it sounds like it might be clearance relief for steering linkage or engine mounts.

my brother-in-laws got a 1974 vette hes building with a 454 big block, he wants the chrome side exhaust so he ordered hookers version, it arrived with one of the header tubes on the drivers side noticeably DENTED, he sent it back, the dealer he bought it from exchanged it for a set of very similar dougs chrome headers, they also arrived DENTED, he sent those back, the third set of headers was HOOKERS version....unbelievably they arrived DENTED, and were not talking minor cosmetic dents, but dents that look like someone big used a ball peen hammer on the headers, now the dealer will refund the money but refuses to send more headers, and get this , told him they come that way from the factory?????the damage has always been on the drivers side second tube but not in the exact same place, nor has the dent looked similar
Haven't had problems with side pipes,But I'm sure tired of getting faulty Chinese substandard parts with sh*tty service!~!! Ain't any of the aftermarket Corvette parts suppliers worth the time it takes to make some of their parts work,And the sales and tech staffs "Couldn't pour P*ss out of a Boot with the Directions plainly written on the bottom of the Heel"!~!!!!:thumb

:D

If all 3 came that way, then it sounds like it might be clearance relief for steering linkage or engine mounts.

I was thinking the same thing.
Was it only one dent on the drivers side and no other damage at all in all the three times (no scratchings etc etc)? Was there any damage on the outside package as making a dent should take some power to do so.

I would say that one or maybe two times somebody could be hitting the package with a golfclub or something and also be hitting it on the same drivers side header but three times?

Greetings Peter

I would say that one or maybe two times somebody could be hitting the package with a golfclub or something and also be hitting it on the same drivers side header but three times?

Greetings Peter

Apparently the Chinese aren't great at golf. :)

There has to be a dent in the left side to clear the steering box. I can't remember if it's the #1 or #3 tube and I can't go look since I'm 2200 miles west of home.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom