Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is your Corvette your daily ride?

ZRXMAX said:
Trucks are good to have... if you own a house... right behind the wheelborrow is the truck in terms of nessesity... don't ask me how I know !;)

and you can't get the wheelbarrow home without the truck:W

the vette as a daily driver? not up here

my current ride is a lifted Isuzu Rodeo 4x4. The snow isn't that bad, I just have a habit of taking the road less traveled ;)

yes.... it is my daily driver... rain or shine... not much snow where I am... so year round I am driving it...

Drive a Z everyday.... Z71 Tahoe ;)

Just like this one:

popup_ext_gallery05.jpg

when the roads are clear I drive the 97 I bought it to be a daily driver the gas milage is 3 times what the 76 gets. When the snow is on the roads or I need to haul something that won't firt in the Vette I have an S10 beater

DSC01969.JPG

Daily driver is an '99 Olds Alero with 198,000 on the clock. Not bad for a little 4 banger. I save the vettes for real fun. Besides, with all of the snow, ice, salt, sand and everything else they throw in the mix to melt snow, there is NO way I am getting salt all over my vettes. Some people say that it will wash off. That may be true for most of the car. But, salt tends to get into places that you cannot wash.

H.D.

Heavy Duty said:
Daily driver is an '99 Olds Alero with 198,000 on the clock. Not bad for a little 4 banger. I save the vettes for real fun. Besides, with all of the snow, ice, salt, sand and everything else they throw in the mix to melt snow, there is NO way I am getting salt all over my vettes. Some people say that it will wash off. That may be true for most of the car. But, salt tends to get into places that you cannot wash.

H.D.

As you and others have mentioned... you need an "all weather" ride for off season commuting duty in northern climates... We are lucky in southern California... winter here is usaully like one of your wet spring to a mild summer days... Only the nasiest days here, like pouring down rain would I prefer to be in something more crash worthy... They play a lot of "bumpers cars" here when it rains... and we don't have salt... maybe in mountainous northern California... not around here that I know of..

my daily driver?? i ride my bicycle everyday...

i live on the base, so there is no reason for me to fire the Corvette up for the 3/4 mile ride down the street to my office... going between 15 and 35 mph..

the weekends though... are a different story:D

Geof

1999 Audi A6 quattro, need it for the winters up here, the vette would act like a snow plow. :w

ZRXMAX said:
As you and others have mentioned... you need an "all weather" ride for off season commuting duty in northern climates... We are lucky in southern California... winter here is usaully like one of your wet spring to a mild summer days... Only the nasiest days here, like pouring down rain would I prefer to be in something more crash worthy... They play a lot of "bumpers cars" here when it rains... and we don't have salt... maybe in mountainous northern California... not around here that I know of..

I've been very impressed with the drivers up here in Mass. Not many accidents due to bad weather. On the other hand with the drivers in D.C. just the mention of snow causes all kinds of accedents.

I've only been up here for 4 months and you can really see the difference in driving habits up here in the Mass. drivers and the Conn. drivers who come up here to Mass. The Mass. drivers are not as insane as the Conn. drivers. The Conn. drivers never use turn signals when changing lanes, they wait till the last second and make an exit from the far left lane, and they have no problem at cutting you off causing one to get on the brakes hard to avoid an accident. It's almost like a ally fight where anything goes.

H.D.

Love to play with my 88. For everyday 2002 Trans Am. Just my need for speed.

My '86 is NOT my daily ride. Thats why she JUST turned 9k miles today and is pristine. I only drive her a couple of times a month. My daily driver is a Ford F150 supercrew FX4 4x4.

Heavy Duty said:
I've been very impressed with the drivers up here in Mass. Not many accidents due to bad weather. On the other hand with the drivers in D.C. just the mention of snow causes all kinds of accedents.

I've only been up here for 4 months and you can really see the difference in driving habits up here in the Mass. drivers and the Conn. drivers who come up here to Mass. The Mass. drivers are not as insane as the Conn. drivers. The Conn. drivers never use turn signals when changing lanes, they wait till the last second and make an exit from the far left lane, and they have no problem at cutting you off causing one to get on the brakes hard to avoid an accident. It's almost like a ally fight where anything goes.

H.D.

LMAO !!!! I grew up in Hartford CT but spent many weekends in Mass and I always felt just the opposite as you about the Mass vs. Conn. drivers. Those are the guys who thing that the shoulder of the road is just another lane and when a light turns red that means you have only 3 more seconds to get through before it actually means stop.

But I would agree New England drivers for the most part have no problem driving in snow.

No my C5 is :D

I drive my torch red LT4 every day rain or shine. Of course I'm in Florida and winter isn't really a factor, just means that the top can't always be off.:D I bought it in december and have already put 6000 miles on it. I just can't imagine driving anything else.

The daily driver is a 2004 Acura MDX Touring. My wife's daily is a 2004 Honda Accord EX.

Radar :beer

The 86 is in the garage, tucked away. My daily driver is a company car - 2004 Chevy Suburban 2500...wife has a 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. 8 more months and it is time to replace the Explorer...but what to get is another question!!!

my drivers -

april thru november - 1985 silver/graphic z51 (50% of the time), 2004 black/mod red z06 (50% of the time), december thru march - chevy silverado. wife - jeep liberty

Heavy Duty said:

H.D.

Grew up in New Hampshire, not far out of Boston. I used to love to go down there and play with the Mass. drives with my "Live Free or Die" plates. I can't remember ever seeing a Conn. driver that was quite as aggresive ;)

Northeasterners can drive in the snow. I drive my 86 everyday. Can't afford to insure any of the other elderly fleet in addition, driven her in the snow once so far, but not with the fattie wheels and tires ---- yet ;LOL

I guess this would be my real daily drive though.
news_kit_photo_06_640.jpg

Don't mind the privilages involved with racing it around :L

Nope.. Still working out the bugs

The Vette is getting better all the time, since the BIG re-do job. Used to be the daily and the airport car; hour drive was only bearable in the Vette.

SoCal:
'89 BMW 735iL
'77 Suburban Trailering Special (for loads)
'03 BMW 745Li (April's)
Anchorage:
'99 MB ML430
'95 BMW R1100RS (sport bike)
'93 Bounder, 32 feet (454 Chevy)

You gotta be impressed that the 454 moves the 18,000 pound motorhome right along. Plus, it gets the same fuel mileage as the empty 'Burb!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom