Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It's been toooooo long!

Corvette
1981 coupe
Hello from the Florida "Nature Coast" (that's west central Fl.). Back in the pre-internet days, there was a time in my life when I owned a 72 T-top, a 60 and a split window coupe (license plate was "63 SPLIT"). Seemed like I always had a wrench in my hand. Sold the 72 & 60 but kept the 63 for 25 years. I had been badgered for 25 years to sell it to one great guy & one day I sold it to him to buy land. It was the right thing to do at the time. HOWEVER upon seeing a split window on "Jay Leno's Garage", I had to wipe my eyes. I still hadn't gotten over not having a Vette. Sooooo 3 weeks ago I found a "beautimus" red 81. Her name is Scarlett. We are just getting to know each other. You must be aware that these cars each have their own personality. When I pulled her into the garage for the first time, I played the Beach Boys tune "In My Room". She liked it! It's a brand new world now with the internet! Back then, you found what you needed @ a swap meet , a Corvette specialty vendor, your local Vette shop or you did without. Now there's Ebay, Craigslist & the list goes on. WOW! Now I have discovered an avenue (this forum) to share victories, trials & tribulations! WHEEEE! Dave NOTE: Pic added 10/17/14. Scarlet said "I am NOT just another pretty face"!

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Welcome . I'm sure it must be a great feeling to be back in the game. I know what you mean about the personalities. Just give Scarlett the attention she deserves and you will soon be inseparable.

Welcome to CAC!

Sold the 72 & 60 but kept the 63 for 25 years. I had been badgered for 25 years to sell it to one great guy & one day I sold it to him to buy land. It was the right thing to do at the time. HOWEVER upon seeing a split window on "Jay Leno's Garage", I had to wipe my eyes. I still hadn't gotten over having a Vette.

You'll hear similar stories; we ought to have a Corvette owner's crying towel thread..

(I'm being nice as with today's prices, it is more of kicking our own butt towel) ;)

Welcome to the Forum Dave. :w

Glad you joined us.

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!

:useless

Photo

Pic taken in The Sunshine State (where I can take Scarlett out year-round......eat your heart out!IMG_0229.jpg

:useless[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Corvette Action Center and Congratulations

Welcome aboard and congrats for getting back into a Vette, nice looking 81 for sure :happyanim:Most likely my all time favorite is the 1972 LT-1 last year for chrome front and real bumpers, and then the 63 Split Window Coupe but both of them :_rock are out of my price range for sure.

-Bill

welcome to Corvette Action Center and Congratulations!

Welcome, we're glad to have you aboard:happyanim:

-Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom