Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Its finally Here!!

F

FordNoMore!

Hello Vetters,Its been a couple months since I last posted here,Due to certain circumstances, my vette purchace took longer,Any ways I purchased a 92 Quasar blue, auto,25k original miles,I was wondering if anyone has any input on what Powerchips (Actually work), I have heard that the Hyper, powerchip stage II works wonders for the LT1,and I also heard that It doesnt do squat!also trying to find out a little more about Air boxes, I seen the vortex Rammer cold air adverstised,but also seen that it doesnt fit under C4 hood?maybe I just read it wrong!Any input on Air boxes would be appreciated also,. Thanx for your time.RoCkOn...PeAcE

Congrats! I was wondering what had happened to you. Welcome back.

Air box wise, it is fairly easy to get out the old jig saw, saws all, or even hand saw with a good metal blade and remove the center of the stock air cleaner housing. You can then install a K&N air filter for much added breathing ability.

Your choice on the chip. Hypertech has been in the business for many years and seems to have a good reputation. You will get a little more kick out of the car, but it is not going to make a huge difference in overall measurable performance on an otherwise stock car.

I don't have any experience with the ram air boxes. However, I really feel like you can get the same basic bang for the buck by doing your own filter lid mods and any other ductwork you can come up with to scoop some fresh cool air from under the nose into the filter area.

Congratulations! Quasar Blue is an awesome color.

Here is a little tip for choosing power chips. Before you buy a power chip off the shelf, I would suggest having one custom burned for your car.

In order to have a correctly calibrated chip for your car, you need to inform the company who is burning the chip, exactly what enging and exhaust modifications have been made to the car. When you order a custom made chip from Doug Rippie Motorsports, they will usually ask you what modifications, if any have been done to the car so that they can take this into consideration for properly programming the chip for your car.

Just my two cents....

its here

My main concern now,as far as the powerchips go,Is the fan situation,and the converter lok up speed,I here these two major factors can be changed by these chips,I also have a Chevy buddy who is heavily into Impala SS's (late model) and he says he can have a guy reprogram the actual factory computer for half the price, I just dont want to take the chance in screwing up the computer(dilema).as of now I will be adding Borla mufflers,better air induction,throttle body bypass,etc.I have to show the wife,well at least for a couple months anyway, that I wont be spending 5bills a week on the baby,LOL, I will be having withdrawls,LOL....thanx for your suggestions,keep em coming, Im willing to listen...RoCkOn..PeAcE

Just Curious...

What is the typical cost to have a chip custom made for an LT-1? Anyone know?

First congradulations, Rob is right I have tried off the shelf proms and I am not saying their all bad. Personally I perfer the custom burn because it takes your mods into consideration. As for price I have found them anywhere from 250.00 to 500.00 if your interested I can turn you on to the person who burned the one for my ZR-1. Just email me. Again congradulations on your new Vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom