Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It's Official

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
I turned in my letter of retirement from teaching. 35 years of molding young minds........pun maybe intended. :L Seriously the time has come for me to remove myself from the field.

Education has changed dramatically in 35 years. Kids are kids, but the politics have made education not so fun.

I'm planning on doing more with my cabinetry business, I'm behind by quite a bit anyway right now, so maybe I'll have a chance to catch up some. Looking forward to being able to set my own schedule and calendar.

Finally after all these years, you are leaving the dark side and coming over to the retired side (as our late friend Yoda would say). If I am not mistaken, this is your second retirement from teaching, first as a member of the school faculty and now as a contract teacher. This is great news as you will find retirement a blast. I've been retired for 7 years come June 2 and highly recommend it. I assume that Rosie will still be supporting you and your Corvette hobby. Seriously, congratulations on your time and as Spock would say, live long and prosper.

Your good friend - Barrett

Congratulations and thank you for your contributions to the betterment of society!!

Mac

Yes Barrett, Rosie is still working as we get our health insurance through her work. Until we are able to obtain insurance through other reasonably priced sources, she's stuck with working. We're lucky to be able to have her working in a job that allows her flexibility in her schedule.

Thank you Mac. The big difference between this retirement and the first time, is I have, more or less, procured my replacement. He is a great guy who I am confident will carry on my high standards that I pressed upon my students. The first time I "retired" replacements were few and (IMO) not looking to be there for the long term. Many member here probably think that teachers are a dime a dozen, but that is not the case for the Industrial Education teachers. Very few young people are entering the IE teaching areas. Finding a competent replacement was a must for me, so I could feel comfortable about this retirement.

Congrats on the retirement!!!!:beer

Really??? Again??? Congratulations on joining us retired folks! (Thai is, if you really stay retired this time...):chuckle

Done with education, Scott. Now the work really begins, ramping up the cabinetry business.

Congratulations Tom.

I'm due to pull the plug and retire myself shortly. Powertrain design since 1970; time to let the young guns take the torch.

One advantage of my job is the early retirement possibilities. I've got 26 years completed; I can retire now. I'm sticking around to recover financially from my messy ugly divorce but I am qualified for a 52% pension now. I figure I'll stick around to 30 years/60% pension.

Mac

Congratulations, Tom! Enjoy the time that is all yours now. And I hope your cabinetry business is juusst prosperous enough to support doing everything you want to enjoy in your retirement -- but not so prosperous that it robs you of all the time necessary to do it. ;)

Thank you Tim. I think it could easily get to that point. I'm planning to try and keep it under control.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom