Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It's tough (sob), but I have to sell it

Excellent ride, I would't sell it. I've always regretted selling any and all of the past. Well, except one. Off the subject of purchase, but does your three inch tubes go through the factory crossmember. Again Excellent!!!!

your a better man then me, i just wouldnt ,have had my ss for over 30years.rising 3 kids on my own been though i lot of bad times where it would just sit for years with people bugging me to sell it .to each his own

that must be sad to say goodbye. Thats a great price and someone is getting a great car. Damn 31 years, thats longer than most marriages!!

I am sure your baby will go to a great home, wish it was mine!

that must be sad to say goodbye. Thats a great price and someone is getting a great car. Damn 31 years, thats longer than most marriages!!

Indeed...I didn't get married until 2007 so maybe that tells you where my priorities were for 25 years or so.:boogie

I am sure your baby will go to a great home, wish it was mine!

For 26 grand, it could be?:thumb

In the meantime, I'm going to drive the car along with a bunch of my friends in my club in their cars in a 4th July Parade.

Sorry to see you selling the BBFH. I remember reading all the tech articles you did on it. Way back when, I followed your rear axle rebuild article to the T and after all these years, she's still going strong. Just finished up a trouble free 3,000 mile Hot Rod Power Tour trip.

Sorry to see you selling the BBFH. I remember reading all the tech articles you did on it. Way back when, I followed your rear axle rebuild article to the T and after all these years, she's still going strong. Just finished up a trouble free 3,000 mile Hot Rod Power Tour trip.

Funny you should mention the rear axle work. That car still has the rear axle built for those two articles which were done in the early-90s. All I've done is periodically change the axle lube twice.

Goes to show you that good assembly work and Red Line lubricant can last a long time, even at the 500+ horsepower level.:thumb

What a great "hot rod" Corvette

I looked at the add over and over again. I'm old enough to remember the build up in the magazine. I wish this car was available when I was looking. It's everything I want in a "hot rod" Corvette and more. Good luck with the sale!

Appearently, I need more luck than I'm having with this sale.:confused

Even with a reduced price, I've had no potential buyers who were serious. I'm going to stop actively pursuing a sale and do some more upgrades.

Just finished converting the Holley to aluminum float bowls with sight glasses. I just pulled out the seats for reupholstering. Gonna try and get the wipers to work better. I may convert it to rack-and-pinion steering.

Drove the car in the annual 4 July Parade in Santa Barbara CA last weekend and had a great time with the car. 250 mile round trip to get there and back and the car drove pretty darn nice. 2 miles of stop-and-go mostly at idle and I only saw 205 degrees coolant temp.

Appearently, I need more luck than I'm having with this sale.:confused

Even with a reduced price, I've had no potential buyers who were serious. I'm going to stop actively pursuing a sale and do some more upgrades.

Just finished converting the Holley to aluminum float bowls with sight glasses. I just pulled out the seats for reupholstering. Gonna try and get the wipers to work better. I may convert it to rack-and-pinion steering.

Drove the car in the annual 4 July Parade in Santa Barbara CA last weekend and had a great time with the car. 250 mile round trip to get there and back and the car drove pretty darn nice. 2 miles of stop-and-go mostly at idle and I only saw 205 degrees coolant temp.

Hib... the fact that you have not received any serious buyers should tell you that you just should keep and continue to enjoy your ride..you know you want too! :chuckle

Well...there's some interest on the part of "Corvette Enthusiast" magazine on having me write C3 tech articles using the car. So, based on the soft market and the potential for some new magazine work, I've decided to put-off selling it for now. Maybe if the economy grows (seems that's a really big "maybe" of late) it might try again in a year or so.

In the meantime, mods I'm considering are rack/pinion steering and an engine rebuild. With the motor, this time I'm thinking of something on the lunatic fringe...aluminum connecting rods on the street for their ability to help the engine rev quick. I'm also thinking of a new Crane mech. roller, aluminum heads and a 7000 rpm rev limit.

Sound like fun?

WRT keeping it for now at least - Outstanding!

The rack and pinion upgrade would be well suited to this car I think and one I've been interested in for a while. So for purely selfish reasons I'd be interested in reading about that. And hope you'll stay involved in the C3 forum as well.

Thanks for sharing and hope it works out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom