Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just a newbie with a pricing question.

TommyT said:
Well, I went to see the car in Chicago and it was a POS. Paint work everywhere. You could still see the sand marks in the repair work. The search continues. Thanks for the help.

Tommy

So sorry it didn't work out, but don't fret, the right one is out there.

mfi said:
TommyT said:
Well, I went to see the car in Chicago and it was a POS. Paint work everywhere. You could still see the sand marks in the repair work. The search continues. Thanks for the help.

You went all the way to chicago and it sucked, that sucks. I was going to look for a car on EBay but had to keep it locale just for that reason. Heard a lot of horror stories about these cars being misrepresented. Very easy to make it look good in pictures with photoshop. I won't travel more than 100 miles to look at anything, time is too valuable to waste. Good luck.

Well, while I was ****ed to an extent, it was definitely better wasting $350 for airfare than having the car shipped and having a coronary when it arrived at my house.

The good news is that I realized that I'd rather have a 92-96 car by test driving some of them at an all Corvette place not far from where the 86' was. The search continues.

Tommy

I'm too late for this thread. I'm glad Dave offered to go. I could've went as well and saved you a trip!

If anything else pops up in the Chicago area, I'm game to check it for you. Afterall, I saw 6 Shooters MY 'Vert before he did.:D

I was set to buy something around an 87 to 89. Lucked out with the 92. The LT1 motor is a big plus. It took me 3 months of searching everyday on every website and car ad I could find. I got lucky. Don't settle, get what you want. The end of the summer should be a good time to look for a convertible. Get it checked out by a very good mechanic BEFORE you buy it. I drove mine around a little and never noticed the tranny was bad, until after I bought it.

Just an update for those who responded and are following along. As luck would have it, while doing a search in the Autotrader I came across a white 93' Vert. with a 6 speed and 35,000 miles. It has a black top and a black sport seat interior. The car is immaculate and I scored it (at least I think so) for $15900 along with the original window sticker (copy) and most maintenance records. It also has brand new Firestone Firehawk tires on it due to dry rotting. Hopefully, I did as well as I think I did. Thanks for the help. Pics to come tomorrow after pick up.

Tommy

Can't wait to see pics. Convertibles get a premium over the coupes. Those Firestones would've cost you probably $800 or so if you had to put them on there so that's a good deal.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom