Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just saw the C7...

vettedreamer

So, ... I just saw the C7 reveal....very interesting design, but I still need to see one up close.

Oh, ...and I'll take one in Black please, of course with a Red interior !:D

BTW what did you think ?....

Last edited:
I LOVE the new C7 Stingray! It's sophisticated, exotic, sharp lines, far and away the ultimate Corvette!!!! I can only imagine how well it drives, too. Good job, GM!

Elaine

C7 in all it's glory ??????

That is by far the UGLIEST Corvette ever built.:puke:puke:puke

Well, they did say in it's earlier trailer that it, "Will be like nothing else " And they didn't let me down. Sad they couldn't keep the round tail lights. And is this all the black plastic they could afford to stick on a damn car. The thing looks like a 70's Saab. Sad, but I guess this is what it is. . . Different. :ugh

That car is absolutely gorgeous. I love the styling, maybe it was the color and wheel combo but man
I love it. Square tail lights and all. To me it is all corvette. Not even close to a Camaro. I can't wait
to see one in real life. Great job GM, maybe my tax dollars didn't go to waste after all.:thumb

I watched it...not impressed...I have to see it in person; the interior looks like they resurrected the C4 dash shape(?). The rear looks like a Pontiac and that little Stingray emblem they are making a big deal about looks stupid as heck to me. Denver Auot Show is in late March, we'll see.

I'd have to see it in person, and I'm really looking forward to what Rob has to say about it.
But based on 1st impressions, I'm still probably going to go with a C6 - that's IF I can get past the MA sales tax (6.5%) which REALLY gets my @$$.

Most of what I see I like and I definitely want to see one in person. It looks like it's the most radical change since the C2 -> C3 transition.

Does anyone else think it resembles a Ferrari 599?

The rear resembles the new Camaro. I'm still wishy-washy about it. I disliked the C6 until I actually saw one in person and soon thereafter, I bought one. Perhaps history might repeat itself. It absolutely is a strong step forward technologically.

I'll reserve my judgement of the C7 until I get to see it in person. When the C5 was introduced I hated it, but now I own an '03 Z06. I'm already imagining the C7 lowered with HRE wheels and in BLACK!

Love it

So, ... I just saw the C7 reveal....very interesting design, but I still need to see one up close.

Oh, ...and I'll take one in Black please, of course with a Red interior !:D

BTW what did you think ?....

Love it!

We have a group from the Corvette Club of Northern Delaware going to the Philly auto show on January 22. I am hoping they have the C7 there. Can't wait to see it in person.

I looked at it from all the angles and one thing kept coming back to mind, it looks like an American Ferrari. The quarter windows, back glass. the spoiler design, headlights and more have distinct Ferrari ques. I'll miss the traditional round tail lights but the rear says Chevrolet global ID. I like it.

Tom

I'm actually quite OK with the new Corvette. Love it? Well, let's just wait to see one in person. I like what I see....

Yes I see resemblance to Ferrari, that international flavor they talked about.

The 'New' Stringray ?

?????? I wonder if it's a "Flex-fuel" vehicle ? :eyerole

That is by far the UGLIEST Corvette ever built.:puke:puke:puke

Ever built by Chevrolet, you mean. And yes, it most definitely is!

I have a question for everyone who saw the reveal video. Remember the graphic/cartoon showing the cold air entering the grill, passing through the radiator, exiting as hot air coming up out of the hood vent, and then passing back smoothly over the top of the car? Can anyone guess what will happen to that hot radiator air when the targa top panel is removed...especially on a nice, hot summer day? And how about when the top is down on the eventual convertible? It might be "interesting"...

?????? I wonder if it's a "Flex-fuel" vehicle ? :eyerole

Actually, it will run on "regular". ;)

Last edited:
I have a question for everyone who saw the reveal video. Remember the graphic/cartoon showing the cold air entering the flush-mounted Camaro grill, passing through the radiator, exiting as hot air coming up out of the hood vent, and then passing back smoothly over the top of the car? Can anyone guess what will happen to that hot radiator air when the targa top panel is removed...especially on a nice, hot summer day? And how about when the top is down on the eventual convertible? It might be "interesting"...
I find it difficult to imagine GM didn't take this into account.

As the owner of a C3 who gets the hot foot after any spirited driving, I have to say the prospect of sending that heat up and over the cabin instead of baking the floors is greatly appealing to me.

-Mac

I have a question for everyone who saw the reveal video. Remember the graphic/cartoon showing the cold air entering the flush-mounted Camaro grill, passing through the radiator, exiting as hot air coming up out of the hood vent, and then passing back smoothly over the top of the car? Can anyone guess what will happen to that hot radiator air when the targa top panel is removed...especially on a nice, hot summer day? And how about when the top is down on the eventual convertible? It might be "interesting"...
I don't think it will be noticed. How much buffeting or air turbulence does the current C6 get? Either way, the air coming out over the hood will be negligible. It's not like it's evacuating 180°-200° air. The air coming out will be warm, but not blistering hot. As soon as it mixes with the outside air, by the time it reaches the roofline, the heat content will have dissipated enough to be inconsequential.
There's other properties of physics involved beyond that. In a somewhat similar line of thinking, consider the temperature of the air inside the exhaust manifold or in the catalytic converter. And how hot is that air by the time it exits the exhaust tips? Heated air quickly dissipates in most situations.

Love it!

We have a group from the Corvette Club of Northern Delaware going to the Philly auto show on January 22. I am hoping they have the C7 there. Can't wait to see it in person.

The Stingray isn't listed as a car that will be in attendance. I honestly don't expect it to be there at the Philadelphia show which will be disappointing. I may try to get to the New York show and hope that it's presented there.

The Stingray isn't listed as a car that will be in attendance. I honestly don't expect it to be there at the Philadelphia show which will be disappointing. I may try to get to the New York show and hope that it's presented there.
I've found not to trust the list of cars attending. When the C6 ZR-1 debuted, it wasn't listed as being at the Cleveland Auto Show. Disappointed, I still went to the show regardless. Woh was me when I got there without my camera and not only was the ZR-1 there, they also had a cut-away version that wasn't at some of the other shows!
I would plan on this car being at all the autoshows shows this year, even if other sources say otherwise. (Not discrediting you, Gorgon, but I had received the ZR-1 info from someone on this site (a non-staff member) that was supposedly in the know. I took them on their word and well, you know the rest of the story. :eyerole)

I've found not to trust the list of cars attending. When the C6 ZR-1 debuted, it wasn't listed as being at the Cleveland Auto Show. Disappointed, I still went to the show regardless. Woh was me when I got there without my camera and not only was the ZR-1 there, they also had a cut-away version that wasn't at some of the other shows!
I would plan on this car being at all the autoshows shows this year, even if other sources say otherwise. (Not discrediting you, Gorgon, but I had received the ZR-1 info from someone on this site (a non-staff member) that was supposedly in the know. I took them on their word and well, you know the rest of the story. :eyerole)

I've been disappointed in the passed with expectations of vehicles being at the Philly show. I have low expectations of the car actually being there but will be pleasantly surprised if I see it when I show up. I'm still going to the show regardless. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom