Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

K&N, Can't & No-way

I've been using K&N filters for years and only had a problem once. Most likely because I re-oiled it too heavily it messed up some of the sensors and I had to take it in for service. The mechanic made sure I was aware to not over oil the filter. Since that time, I took his advice and haven't had any further problems. In fact, I've since put one on my newest truck and have a K&N on two other Vettes.

My advice on this topic -do whatever you want. There is no right or wrong answer to the question.:beer

CharlesBrown, you have a nice looking 88 but one thing your salad shooters are on backwards.

Charlie... Does our 35th anniversary have clear coat paint or non clear coat???

I have notice all the problems or no extra hp occured on a ford?
I own and operate a auto repair shop for over 30 years. I have a box full of K&ns. I remove a average of one every two months or so. They are a great filter but not in vehicles equpped with mass air flow sensors. There are many TSBs from the car manufactures concerning these issues. I have had Gm trucks in that would not shift

I own and operate a auto repair shop for over 30 years. I have a box full of K&ns. I remove a average of one every two months or so. They are a great filter but not in vehicles equpped with mass air flow sensors. There are many TSBs from the car manufactures concerning these issues. I have had Gm trucks in that would not shift
Wish I could have talked to you before spending $50 for the K&N and $400 more to have Ford repair the air inlet.

To my knowlege we do have clear on our cars. As far as the K&N issue. I have had mine with no issues for the past 7 years. Car is stock but no problems.

What do you want for the old used K&N filters? I could take them off your hands?

I'll chime in here too.

I run K&N filters in everything I own from my ground pounding Dodge V10 to my every day Avenger. Each of my Vettes have them, and my wife's Durango.
I have never had any issues with them. My 1993 was a track car every weekend for 4 years before I purchased it. Still has the K&N filter in it it has been clean and re-installed never a problem.

my two cents

tcxd40

When I purchased my '85 the prior owner had a Borla exhaust installed and the car always seemed to have a wondering throttle at idle or brake stop. I have now installed a 'Green' performance filter, and seems somewhat to have smoothed out the idle. Maybe it was the missing link for this set-up. I have also installed a K&N on my '99 Intrepid, and so far 25K later no problems.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom