Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: key fob problem

bravo94

Corvette
1994 aqua marine blue cpe
I have a problem with the keyfob for my 94. None of the buttons do anything when you press them. I tried new battery, but did not help. The funny thing is, I can have the fob in my pocket and walk past the car and the doors lock and sometimes the horn beeps? Doesn't do it everytime but fairly often. Any suggestions.
Thanks

Coupe or vert?
Vert's are noted for antenna's being finnicky, also you might have accidently turned the buttons off, though it should have disabled the remote completely.
Do this, with both doors closed, lock the car using the automatic lock switch.
Do not do this manually, then unlock the doors and hold the switch till you hear the locks cycle a 2nd time.
Can't remember if you need to have the remote near or not for this, I think you need to have it close.

I would order a replacement fob I think. It sounds like yours could be on the way out. Especially if it is working only intermittently at the moment. They are pretty easy to programme once you have a new one, and they're cheap too, could prove worthwhile if yours stops working altogether. Do you lock the car with the key then and not with the passive system each time ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom