Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Kleen Wheels for C06

Corvette
08 Atomic orange, Z-51, 6 speed
Kleen Wheels for C06 (updated photos)

Question: I have installed A product called Kleen Wheels on my C06. Reason:The brake dust is terrible. I would like some honest opinions about what you think of their appearance. Please be honest. . The top photo does not have the Kleen wheels installed. The second does have them installed. The bottom is a full side view of both. Let me hear your opinions.

darkstar-albums-orange-ghost-saga-picture2684-no-kleen-wheels.jpg

darkstar-albums-orange-ghost-saga-picture2683-kleen-wheels.jpg

darkstar-albums-orange-ghost-saga-picture2685-full-view-both.jpg

Not a fan of the Kleen Wheels.

I think it looks better with them not on...I like the looks of the drilled rotors.

It looks like the "Kleen Wheels" covers the rotor. Does it hold more heat in? Does it allow for venting? I wouldn't want those on a track, that's for sure. I don't mind seeing rotors as I have a great reliance on them. If I see something that doesn't look right, I can address it. If I don't see something and it's not right, well...that could be lethal.:eek:hnoes

It looks like the "Kleen Wheels" covers the rotor. Does it hold more heat in? Does it allow for venting? I wouldn't want those on a track, that's for sure. I don't mind seeing rotors as I have a great reliance on them. If I see something that doesn't look right, I can address it. If I don't see something and it's not right, well...that could be lethal.:eek:hnoes

They are slotted for cooling. I have used them for years on my other vehicles with no problems. I like the looks of the rotor too, but the brake dust is gross , even after a short drive. I still have factory pads and I hate to replace them this early. (11000miles) Wouldn't you feel a brake problem before you see it through your wheel anyway (normally). I do appreciate your opinions. ray

Unless your looking to see the rotors you don't really notice it. Rotors ARE one of the things people look at when looking at C6's.....

Unless your looking to see the rotors you don't really notice it. Rotors ARE one of the things people look at when looking at C6's.....

Your point is well taken. I too like to look at the rotors. The dust is driving me nuts. I might have to look at some other type of pad that is compatible for Z-51 brakes. Maybe Mr. Hiberson has some insights::)

The function works, but looks bad to me.

Starting to look like that is the opinion. By the way from your avatar, you are really smoking the rears up. Looks great! When I dump it --it just goes. Do I need to take the traction control off to do this more easily?

Starting to look like that is the opinion. By the way from your avatar, you are really smoking the rears up. Looks great! When I dump it --it just goes. Do I need to take the traction control off to do this more easily?
I stole that picture off the internet. You need to ask someone other than me. I would be too cheap to do that to my tires!

Not the look I'm going for. I replaced the pads on my 05 Z51 with GM ceramics - problem solved. Not much dust, and what dust accumulated was light in color.

Not the look I'm going for. I replaced the pads on my 05 Z51 with GM ceramics - problem solved. Not much dust, and what dust accumulated was light in color.

When you say GM ceramics, you mean original equipment I take it. Don't have any part #'s do ya? I can look in Eckler's or Mid-America catalogs. Thanks. One other question--have you had any fade problems under heay or constant braking (ie: heavy traffic)?

When you say GM ceramics, you mean original equipment I take it. Don't have any part #'s do ya? I can look in Eckler's or Mid-America catalogs. Thanks. One other question--have you had any fade problems under heay or constant braking (ie: heavy traffic)?

Never any fade. They were GMs, but not the stock composition. I don't know the part number, but I got them from a dealer in Laurel MT. I suppose any Chevy dealer could order them.

I inspect my rotors all the time. Looking for grooves, cracks or anything else that looks unusual. Z06 rotors are prone to crack @ the outer most holes to the OD edge. I haven't had any cracking yet but it has occurred on trackdays.

I stole that picture off the internet. You need to ask someone other than me. I would be too cheap to do that to my tires!

Me too!! Two grand for tires makes me want to baby those 'suckers' :)

That does it. They are coming off as soon as I can get some replacement pads. I wonder if ceramic pads come stock on any model C6 vettes?

Ceramic is not an OEM composition, but obviously GM authorized..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom