Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Kleen Wheels for C06

Since your car is a Z51 the pads are on the soft side for more aggressive braking and they will dust more. Ceramic compound pads are harder and will have a longer stopping distance but dust less.

Since you don't like the dust, the ceramic brake pads are the choice for you.

Thanks for inputs

My brakes are again starting to shutter. By that I mean , The steering wheel shakes and I can feel it in the chassis front. So I am going to Take some advice from my last post on "brake rotor warpage".
I will take the baby out for some 0-60+ and back down to clean the transfer from the pads to the rotor. I hope that works. I hate to take it back to the dealer and have them tell me the rotors are warped again.
For the life of me and 4 previous vettes, I have never had any brake problems until I got these drilled rotors. If they have to replace them I will request solid billet rotors for Z-51. My 88 had Z-51 or Z-52 package and it never had these headaches. Comments or suggestions??

There are reasons that VERY few serious pro road racers use drilled brakes. Teams, including Corvette racing used slotted or dimpled rotors. When it's time to replace my rotors, it won't be with drilled OEMs.

'06 Z51 with 14k; no brake problems at all, no "drilled" rotor problem, no dust problem (Tire problems YES). Maybe I clean the car tooooo ofen?

'06 Z51 with 14k; no brake problems at all, no "drilled" rotor problem, no dust problem (Tire problems YES). Maybe I clean the car tooooo ofen?

It could be unique to my Vette. It is on going with the brakes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom