Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

KoolMat Installation Cost?

TheSearcher

Corvette
2004 Torch Red Coupe
I just bought both the front and rear sets of KoolMat floor liners (installed under carpets to reduce interior road noise by a claimed 23 decibels) for my 2004 Coupe from West Coast Corvettes. As I am still recovering from a bad SUV rollover accident, I am not physically able to install these myself even though a March 2003 article in Corvette Fever magazine rated this a "begginer" project.

Has anyone installed both sets or had it done? I am trying to get a ballpark estimate on what the installation cost should be. My interior is stock except for a RH Racing center bar and G Force five point harnesses on both seats.

Searcher,
I hope you get well soon- sorry to hear of your rollover accident.

I'm kind of curious to see what responses you get to this thread, too, since it sounds like interesting project.

:w
-Patrick

Move to top.

Come on guys. I know there are others out there who suffered enough from road noice to make this modification.

If anyone is interested there is an article in the March 2003 Corvette Fever magazine showing installation of the Koolmats in the rear of a C5.

The local (about 50 miles away for me) hot rod shop has quoted me $350-$400 for the install, but I'm not certain if that's for both front and back.

I may get my Chevy dealer to quote also; I had them install my center bar, 5 point harnesses, catbacks and Vararam in 2004.

There are quite a few of us who have done that type of mod, but I suspect few would have paid someone else to do it. I used Frost King furnace duct insulation and did the work myself for under $200, if I remember correctly. It took me most of a weekend, but I am slow.

Try this link. It will give you a second link to Mike Kercury's directions.

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65740&highlight=frost+king

Kool Mats finally arrived via UPS today. Every vendor I contacted was out-of-stock and on backorder, so there must be lots of people out there buying these kits.

What I found was funny was that they were shipped as two, 3 lb. packages and what I got was two, 25-30 lb. packages.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom