Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L81ers 1981 owners please check in

how are the shirts doing , are u getting many orders. did i here that there were hats too?

Very Brisk..

Thanks for asking ;)

The first go around I received 26 member for 32 shirts.. :D being very happy I ordered 50 shirts with extra's in each size and hoping the trend I saw for each size would hold true.

By the time the shirts arrived, I had orders from 34 members for 46 shirts. I've filled all orders except 3 individuals orders. I am waiting for address on 2 members and waiting for the back ordered "Small" sized shirts to arrive..

My accountant (wife) said NO MORE SHIRT SALES until I get real on the price.. Seems my estimate of $28 a pop was a little low. Even at $25 a pop to the Registry, I didn't take into account a few little items such as... 7.4% CA Sales Tax, Handling and shipping cost to get the shirts to me... then my costs to package and mail them out.. That $3 magin didn't even cover the intial costs when adding handling and shipping from the Embroidery Shop..

I'm working with the Shop to help me out if possible...

Hats are in the works, but, I will sit down and figure a realistic price which will really cover all my costs, before I state a price ;)

I honored all first round prices on the shirts, so if you didn't order one in that first round... sorry :(.. (and yes I have all the emails from the original 32 members that ordered shirts :) )

Stay tuned the saga will continue.. Now I know why I work for a living, I would love to give the shirts away free to L81VetteRegistry members... Oh well I'm trying..

hope it works out. i'll order one or two when the price go's up . that seem to be the way i buy stocks too.

i keep try to register on the 81 register, just want work for me now that i tried, it says that someone has ggaagg57 as a name .thats me form tring to register.

Welcome To the Corvette Action Center

Hi Roger,

Welcome aboard. There is a lot of good people and information here so take some time to look around. Also check out the L81 Registry.

I have my shirt. Picked it up personally at Casa de Yoda last week. It is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post a pic with my ugly mug in it next week. '81ers..... get your checks to Yoda ASAP, these shirts are very cool and look great. Thanks Bud. Oh and T-Jay...... we WILL be taking you up on the golf offer.

.......... Nut

Nut,

It's good to hear ya made back from the West Coast Republic to that other one on the Right Side :D

It was a pleasure seeing you and esp. the golf. The clouds parted long enough for us to get 18 in twice ;) Dawg hasn't been down off the hill since you left. By the way Nut.. our weather is gorgeous since you left.. hmmmm two years ago it was "FOGGY" down in Morro Bay... hmmm.. Think you can get that Company you say you "WORK" :L :L for to change your Left Side trips to middle of April..

How was Torri Pines??

Later Nut.. always a pleasure.

BudD
:w

Nut,

The offer still stands. :D Just keep in touch. If we don't get any more snow at home, the course will probably open in the next two weeks :(. We could really use the moisture for a few more weeks before it opens, just to green things up. It would be nice to see several Corvettes in the parking lot. Really add some "class" to the place. :D

T Jay

Yoda,

Thanks and I enjoyed the golf, the company and the shirt. Long trip. Made it back last night in time to bowl too. (The Nut is multi-sports talented). Passed on Torrey and hit 'em at a track called Ocean Trails in Palos Verdes (just north of Long Beach). Outstanding track on the ocean for $75 all you can play with cart. Sweet! Target golf with stunning views. Was still hitting them well. Weather was high 60's and cloudless. Back here it's mid 70's and clear. Nice alergy weather. Been popping the Actifed since I got in. Unfortunately the Sunnyvale run is planned in unison with the yearly conference in LB every year. Not my decision. Regarding a transfer to Sunnyvale or Ventura? Somebody will have to pony up a $@#&-full of cash to cover the COL offset from back here. But hey...... everything in this world is negotiable, right? Who knows? :)

Until the Sharkfest (or if I can swing another boondoggle),
Later.............. Nut :D

Bud,

Just got my shirt, SWEET! :D I'll send off a rubber check shortly :Silly just kidding of course. Way to go, and good call, really a nice looking shirt. :drink

It has been a very long winter and i hope in 3 weeks that my 81 blue beauty sheds her winter coat, clears her throat, warms her belly and takes me for a cruise. I hope that she will take me for a tour of the hills of upstate New York and look at all the wild flowers blooming, the leaves reappearing after a dull loooooong winter. There are many thing to do to help her with another driving season but we will go for a nice ride first. Gee will my new golf bag fit in her?? The clock is ticking and I can hardly wait, So Long for now, waiting for the open road to ride.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom