Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L98 Valve Cover Trim Question

Radar

Corvette
1989 Medium Blue Metalic Convertible
Hello CAC!

I have a problem I hope someone can help me solve. I have a 1989 convertible, mostly stock. I like to keep the engine compartment detailed. On the drivers side valve cover, I have that Corvette logo that is starting to look warn. Some of the finish is coming off, probably from a little too much elbow grease. Is there anyplace I can buy a replacement trim piece for this? And if there is, how hard of a job is it to get the old one off and the new one on? I have looked in Zip Products, Mid America, and Ecklers but they do not seem to have this item.

I really appreciate any help you all can lend!

Radar :w

If you mean the C4 logo on the valve cover, they are a dicontinued part [they sold for $45 new].

I found one on Ebay & paid double that amount, after 6 months of searching for one.

It does come off easily [mine did]. Just wedge a flathead screwdriver under it and gently pry it off, try not to bend it.

I attached the new one with 'J-B Weld'.

Thanks Wayne88,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My son graduated from college this past weekend. I was pretty busy with that and did not get online at all.

Yes, it is the C4 logo that I want to replace. I was afraid that this logo piece was disconninued. I will have to try the same thing and watch Ebay for one. But thanks for the feedback, that will help me out.

When you pried the old one off, do you recall if it was attached with pins into the valve cover or just adhesive?

Regards,
Radar :)

Its attached with just adhesive, no pins.

BTW, congtrats on your your son's graduation.
Now you can spend money on the Vette & not tuition.
Good luck

Wayne88 said:
Its attached with just adhesive, no pins.

BTW, congtrats on your your son's graduation.
Now you can spend money on the Vette & not tuition.
Good luck

Now it's time to start paying off that student loan! :L

I just warned my neighbor about the high price of the valve cover decal. But his is on the passenger side.

Thanks for all of the info! Yep, those loans are the next to tackle.

Radar :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom