Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Larry....got any install photos of the Barry Grant 6 shooter yet?

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Well???????????? It is like Christmas and you aren't sharing your toys with us......well???????????:)

Nope No pictures yet. I have all the carbs and the brackets on the manifold. I need to extend the water neck on the thermostat housing (So I can still use the cool flex hose's)

I am getting my air cleaner lid tonight and should be able to build the air cleaner base. As soon as i get all of the stuff in order I will mount it on the car. Seams like i will have every thing in order to have it on for carlisle.

I cant believe its the Carlilse show all ready i ha vent done any thing on the car,

Larry,

I'd also be interested in pictures of the linkage becasue I will have to build my own.

Thanks!

Larry,

Take a break from stacking those $100's under the bed. ;)

I wish,

I should have pictures tonight. I have the carb base roughly built. I just have to mount some plates to it so I can mount the base to the carbs,

I also have to figure away to mount the valve cover breather to the air cleaner base. (I hope I remember how to braze)

I loved the therory of the 67 tri power lid but after seeing it on the carbs I am not thrilled with it as its so wide.(it needs to be wide to fit the valve cover breather) Hopefully it doesnt look soo big when its mounted on the car.

As for the height looks like its going to clear NO PROBLEM

I am going to try and get home from work earley today to finish up the air cleaner assembly

Well here is a photo ,and a link to some other pictures.

Took me some time to make the base for the air cleaner. I have my K&N air filter on order and should have it on thursday.(thanks KID)

I just have to exstend the thermostat housing and I will mount this thing on saturday.

I am real happy with it so far

pebkac.jpg

It definatley needs some type of paint or a sticker on it ,it looks naked with out it.

http://www.clubphoto.com/perl/app.pl/albums/large_image_view?id=4617527&link_code=sa01_17

ok...you are getting us closer to seeing it on the motor.....just teasing I know.......

Larry,

Looks great, just put a 454 AC sticker on it, I am sure if you look at Carlisle, you might find one there:D

Tom M

For reference, here's the top that I fabricated.

Nice work there guys...

Well

It looks like I will NOT be installing the tri power set up in time for carlilse.

I thought I had every thing in order. I sit down on my bench yesterday to install the fule rail only to find out the "Banjo fittings" are threaded improperly.

Contact my suppplier who just allways goes out of the way for me. and explain there bad,he contacts BG and request them to next day air them to me. today No next day delivery. He contacts them and they just mailed it regular mail, SO no banjo fittings till Monday Tuesday . I had planned on pulling the car part tonight. Installing every thing and having all day Saturday and Sunday to get the bugs out.

Man am I disapointed I came all this way with it only to hit this dead end

I could take a chance and put it all on and have the fitings shipped to my hotel in carlilse but I just didnot want to have to deal with the test and tune in the parking lot.

So as of now NO tri power for carlilse

Well

It looks like I will NOT be installing the tri power set up in time for carlilse.

I thought I had every thing in order. I sit down on my bench yesterday to install the fule rail only to find out the "Banjo fittings" are threaded improperly.

Contact my suppplier who just allways goes out of the way for me. and explain there bad,he contacts BG and request them to next day air them to me. today No next day delivery. He contacts them and they just mailed it regular mail, SO no banjo fittings till Monday Tuesday . I had planned on pulling the car part tonight. Installing every thing and having all day Saturday and Sunday to get the bugs out.

I could take a chance and put it all on and have the fitings shipped to my hotel in carlilse but I just didnot want to have to deal with the test and tune in the parking lot.

Well I would be a little crazy here.. But I would also try calling BG now...time difference ...might still be in the shop ( Getting Ready For Carlisle)..and ask them if they can Saturday Overnight it, Fed X Has Drop Boxes they can use.

It'll cost about $30.00 to $40.00 to do it ..but you'll have it tomorrow before 10:30am.

Just My $.02 worth... I have done this before..it's only money..

I just hung up the phone with Tom Dewitt(He's in the shop getting ready for Carlisle) ..I'm looking for a new sensor he sent out in the mail Monday.. Still haven't gotten it.

I would also try calling BG now...time difference ...might still be in the shop

Mark I had NO luck getting thru on there lines nor did my distributor, apparently They race, and fridays and mondays are impossible to get some one on the telephone. I have not drilled the manifold yet and depending on how anoyed I get tomorow I may just drive the improperley threaded fittings inplace and then return the whole set up as defective and keep with the single 4 on it.

When a manufacturer puts a imporperly built product out to a consumer.They need to step up to the plate and do the right thing, (that would have been to next day the parts) they chose not to.

instead they stuck it in the mail box,

I paid almost $ 2400.00 for this manifold and am shocked they would stick it to me like this.

The more I think about it the more I want to return the product.

I would also try calling BG now...time difference ...might still be in the shop

Mark I had NO luck getting thru on there lines nor did my distributor, apparently They race, and fridays and mondays are impossible to get some one on the telephone. I have not drilled the manifold yet and depending on how anoyed I get tomorow I may just drive the improperley threaded fittings inplace and then return the whole set up as defective and keep with the single 4 on it.

When a manufacturer puts a imporperly built product out to a consumer.They need to step up to the plate and do the right thing, (that would have been to next day the parts) they chose not to.

instead they stuck it in the mail box,

I paid almost $ 2400.00 for this manifold and am shocked they would stick it to me like this.

The more I think about it the more I want to return the product.

Larry,
I'm sorry your having trouble here. I'm not relly clear on what excactly is wrong with the fitting ...so please excuse me If I make a suggestion that's incorrect. But is there a way you could locate a fitting and or retap the area in question?

Tomorrow being Saturday I'm sure that there would be hardware stores and or auto parts outlets that might have what you need.

Or..are you at the point I sometimes get to ..where I get ticked off enough to just return the item and go a different route. Or maybe it just requires you to walk away and think about the problem and come at it a different way.

You still have the week end to get it together...there might be another way to approch the problem.

Hope it works out ...I'd love to see that set up on your Ride.

Good Luck..keep us posted.
:beer

Mark I have tried every thing.

The fittings screw thru the fuel rail into the carburator bowls.

on 2 of the three fitting the threads are not deep enough .its as if they used a clamp on die and it was not closed enough

3 local speed shops have nothing simular.

I have no dies this size

Last night I did have a thought

I am going to see if I can make my own fuel rail out of airoquip hoses if I can find an adapter to screw into the carb.

definately wont look as good as the fuel rail but at least I can get the car running.

Well

crap.......we all feel your pain.....crap!

Herb

Mark I have tried every thing.

The fittings screw thru the fuel rail into the carburator bowls.

on 2 of the three fitting the threads are not deep enough .its as if they used a clamp on die and it was not closed enough

3 local speed shops have nothing simular.

I have no dies this size

Last night I did have a thought

I am going to see if I can make my own fuel rail out of airoquip hoses if I can find an adapter to screw into the carb.

definately wont look as good as the fuel rail but at least I can get the car running.

[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea Larry.. At least you'll get it on and running. And maybe while at Carlisle you can find what you need.

I wonder If BG is going to be their. If they are ..then you can get there butt's to come over and fix there mess.

Keep us posted..

Well I finally got the parts from BG .

I am going to see if I can get the rest of the day off and go for broke on installing the tri power.

My Daughter say we should do it.

If I can get out of work before 3 pm I am going to go for it

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom