Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

let's use our forum more!

79 is still a fair price given the rarity of the bugger
I should ask to have that post from 3 years ago deleted as I eventually found 1 (make that 2) since I posted that

79 is still a fair price given the rarity of the bugger
I should ask to have that post from 3 years ago deleted as I eventually found 1 (make that 2) since I posted that

My fault, I somehow thought I was in new posts and I didn't notice the date. I'm new to this forum stuff.

When I found this '81 only forum, I was excited :W. It was nice to see other people that have ( I believe to be the coolest vette style they made ) and a forum just for that year :beer. I'll be in here on a regular basis to get & give help if I can :cool. "LONG LIVE THE '81"

That's how I felt when I found the The L81 Corvette Registry back in late 2000 / early 2001. First Bud (Yoda) kept it going, and relatively recently, he passed the reigns to PBCanney to carry-on the torch.

And thanks to Rob for maintaining this page as well. :thumb

GerryLP:cool

I need you guys!

Hello guys. I recently purchased my '81. I need you guys desperately, so please stay active with this forum. You guys have been GREAT thus far. THANKS!!!

BBerry

speaking of torches....

I sold my '81 last year. (after 15 years)
I have a torch if anyone wants to take over.

:w Paul,

We need to talk :D

I'll get an email together and we can discuss the Registry Future ;)

If I could just figure out how to upload to site, I would be ok, but that dam transfer BS gets me every time :mad ..

Bud

Back to the subject...

WHERE IS EVERYBODY!???

I'm missing some names that were here on regular basis the previous year but the last few months I'm missing several members!

Greetings Peter

I have been noticing a lot of '81 posts in the C3 General forum. Should we start asking posters if they would mind us moving their posts?

Well a few years later but no improvement I think even less active users then a few years ago. And I think not only this L81 forum but the C3 forums in general. I hope with spring on its way things will get better. :)

Greetings Peter

:happyanim:Just got my 81 and will be fixing it up for daily drives.

Attachments

• Red Vette 8500 1981.jpg
    Red Vette 8500 1981.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Welcome aboard, Nopasin. If that's your car in your avatar, she looks nice. :w

Congrats on the "new" 81. I used to have one also. They are great cars. Welcome to the forum. :thumb

Traded my 2007 Heritage Soft Tail for it. It's in great shape and runs and drives good. Needs new weather striping and paint. Other than that I'm really happy with it. Numbers match ....and 190 HP is plenty for such a lite car.
When I was but 16 years old a friend gave me a ride in his 67 vette that had a 427 Engine. He took it up to 140 MPH...wow what a ride. I wanted one ever sence and finally after nearly 50 years I finally got me one. I like the body on the C3. I could have bought one just a few years old but I don't like the looks of the newer ones.
Long live the C3 ! ! !
Red Vette 8500 1981.jpg

Mhhhh, posting still possible here?

Saw the message that the sub-forum is "dead" now, but not quite yet?
Cor

There seems to be a fair amount of posts in the C3 forums about L81 specific topics. If we could just get them to post on the L81 Forum. I could just move them. I need to think about this awhile. Any ideas?

Tom

I must have missed the message saying it was dead.

I know it's not very well used and I do try to post any '81 specific questions that I do have here. (But I think I'm coming to the end of them now)

One thing i have noticed since my arrival is that any questions posted here don't show up on the home page under C3 Forums (Despite this being a sub-forum of it) only shows up under All Forums. I can't say if that has any influence on where people post though.

You're right. And a lot of 81 specific questions are just posted in the general c3 section.
Tapatalk does show in blue if there is a new reply (like this one) :)

Greetings Peter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk

yippee I just found the 81 vette forum does 81 use exh manifold gaskets

Hi all..just got an 81 last spring..so just over a year into it. build number 425802-St Louis, 4 spd, dark blue metallic, orig paint , orig dark blue leather interior, clean in and out..lots redone, all headlight vac lines, new alum radiator, water pump, main thing is Edelbrock Performer intake, carb and cam, all the smog stuff gone, computer disconn, running a Performance Distributors DUI HEIadvance tuned 24 deg mech, set for 36 deg mech all in at 3100 rpm, (12 deg static), vac can is 8-10 deg to manifold vac ( not ported). Plugs are Autolite 25, set at .053 (per Performer Distributors recommendation), true dual exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers. Current task is to replace both exhaust manifolds that have small cracks/leaks. So far plan is to use stock manifolds (used ebay) check em out, mill flat and install with a new heat riser. Does the 81 use exhaust manifold gaskets? if so..which?
Thanks
Nick
(near Spokane WA)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom