Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

License plate ideas....

mxdout165

Corvette
Not Any More :( - '92 Typhoon #2482
This is the first long period of time I've not been able to drive my vette for a while and it's killing me. :) Anyways, I've been thinking of getting personal plates since I was handed the keys to my vette, but can't think of a fitting saying.

Here's what I've thought of so far, but I can't decide:

wrkd 4 it - worked for it
mstg etr - crudstang, i mean, mustang eater :)
frd smkr - ford smoker (it's the thought that counts right?, my poor '81 trys hard anyways)
lov my 81 - obvious
vett lvr - ditto
cruzr - ditto

What are some plates you've seen or have? Maybe they will inspire me.

Thanks for your contributions.

How about: 8ONE2 or 8 1 2 or ate 1 2 or ate 1, or ate-one or 8T1 or 8Tone .......I dunno, I'm not very original, that's why the ole 74 doesn't even have my plates on it......err I mean, plates on it:).......Steve

I like the idea of personal plates mxdout. My '78's tag's where "PRDDY 78", and my GS's plates are going to be "Eye Candy". Seeing as you have a shark, here are my sugestions.

ShrkAtck = Shark Attack
Aditude = Obvious

If I come up with any more I will let you know.

I always thought about "FORD WHO"....but you better be able to back up your word with a plate like that. "HDTHVIT"...Had to have it....."150 PLUS".......I dunno. I haven't even bought my Vette yet:)

[Edited by JT ZR-Won on 01-27-2001 at 11:31 PM]

those are some good ones. I definately like Shark Attack, but I only get 7 characters so it'd have to be ShrkAtk, which would definately be fine by me. I'm definately gonna look into that one, cause you don't really have to back it up. '81's aren't good to get into a situation with, they're for cruisin' in style.

I remember seeing a plate off of a BMW Z3 in Car and Driver magazine that was:

T1HS ON - now, I'm not one for that kind of language, and I don't know how it got through the DMV, but you have to admit, it is clever.

I'd still like some more ideas though. I'm going to get some for my birthday, which isn't for a couple of months, but I need to check and make sure that ShrkAtk or whatever I choose is available.

Just thought of one: 1FnShrk - One fine shark!!! another good one

I'm probably not one for that language either, But........could you Private message me with what it means:).....Just curious........Steve

license plate names

I like the idea of personalized plates. I toyed with "WAS HIS" for a while, but I love my hubby and the attitude that portrays was just all wrong! I'm not sure myself what I will eventually choose, but I think it will have "78" and "SILVER" in there somewhere...to commemorate the 25th Silver Anniversary of the Corvette.
How about "MAXDOUT" like your name here?
I reccomend perhaps going to DMV and reading their book of plates...I'm sure that could inspire you, too.
I like WRKD4IT.
Van Halen had a good one with OU812. Maybe try EATEMUP? Another thing to consider, that I am sure many haven't...Corvette is a French word for 'a fast, lightly armed WARSHIP'.
Here are a few ideas for license plate frames...my favorites from The Roadrunner are in latin.
Hot Rodicus Supersonicus. :) and Accelerati Incredibilus!
Silver

For the benefit of others, the key to the BMW license plate is to read it backwards. Very clever idea. Took me a long time to figure it out too. :) I'm pretty stuck on Shrk Atk for know, but all the other ideas are great too. I thought about implying something about the power of a corvette, but having an '81, I can't do that because I know too many people that would want to race me, and they would win. :( Can't let that happen now, can I? hehe

plate

You probably wouldn't want it on your car but my wife has HER 8T1 on her car. Gives me a complex when I drive it. I might try to sneak that BMW plate through for the stepside. It wasn't in Ohio, was it.Tom

Your Plate hmmmmmmmm

mxdout165,

This would be a good subject for the L81VetteRegristry too.

Now lets see here. I had SINGLE on my 84 that was kind of fun until I got married. My wife let me keep it until it (the Plate) expired. :)

OK, lets get serious here:

How about 81_GLASS; MADE4ME; WYAIF81; _LHBAC_; L81_MM4 these are few that come to mind.
W = Wrap Y = Your A = A** I = In F = Fiberglass

L = Looks H = Hooks B = Books A = And C = Cooks

MM4 = 4 speed option if you have it, or another option your L81 has.

BudD
:w

SSVET
I am having a bad night, still at work, am getting tired, as Ricky would say to Lucy, "Please splain to me it"

Tom, I believe the plate was from Texas, so I'm sure you could try it in Ohio. So many ideas to choose from!!! It's hard to pick a favorite. How about:

L81Shrk or
SwtL81 - sweet L81
Cruzn81
Mxdot81 - maxed out 81
FlynLow
1FnRide

Everyone here is an inspiration, I can't stop thinking of plate ideas now :) The input is great.

After looking at all the wonderful ideas, I think I'm getting closer to making a pick.

I definatley like:

ShrkAtk
1FnShrk
LvmyL81

Just thought of another one, DlyDrvr for daily driver. But I think I'm looking into ShrkAtk as my first option.

Hopelessly addicted to this forum :) which is a good thing.

mxdout

On my 1981 I have
LXXXI
Roman numerals for 81.......I'm surprised how many youngsters do not know or are even taught those anymore.
A lot of adults don't have a clue either.

Later,
JU

Fast Ed,

LndShrk is a good one. I think I might use that one on my next shark, or maybe StrtShrk, but that one reminds me of the saturday morning cartoon named The Street Sharks. It was cool back then, but now the idea seems pretty stupid.

Originaly posted by mxdout165
Hopelessly addicted to this forum :) which is a good thing.

That is what we like to hear! Judging from the amount of time I spend on the Action Center, you are not the only one addicted to the place!

CUSTOM PLATE IDEAS!

Here are some ideas I checked into with DMV here in California for my '81. I teach in a juvenile correctional facility and had help from taggers. Where I would have the symbol of a heart or star, I just put (heart) or (star).

H(heart)TVETT = hot vett
VETDRMZ = vette dreams ***** I ordered this one*****
VETDRMS = vette dreams
RDPASHN = red passion
MYPASHN = my passion
(heart)MYREDV = love my red vette
81PASHN = 81 passion
(heart) MY 81 = love my 81
81 VETT = 81 vette
HER(star)VET = her star vette
VETT (heart) = vette love
(heart)S 81S = loves 81's
HOT 81 = hot '81
VETRESS = combo of vette and mistress
1HOTVET = 1 hot vette
(heart) MY C3 = love my C3
MY (star) C3 = my star C3
LEHOT81 = le hot 81
HOTVETT = hot vette
HER C3
VETTDRM = vette dream
PASHUN = passion
1RED81 = one red 81
81MMMMM = 81 mmmmmm
MYRED81
PURE 81
MYC3TOY
REDNLOW = red and low
RED+LOW = " " "
RED+WLD = red and wild
REDHEAT
81 HEAT
MY81TOY
81SRFUN = 81's are fun
81SRHOT = 81's are hot
C3FNTSY = C3 fantasy
VVVETTE
C3PASHN = C3 passion
C3DREAM
CRVTLDY = corvette lady
C3VETT
CVEtdrm = corvette dream
MSCORVT = ms. corvette
C3DRMZ = C3 dreams

Here in Oregon, we're handicapped with only 6 letters and numbers. The plates on my cars explain what they are.
70 LS5
91 LT5
96 GS
My Zr-1 had the plate "RYAWET"(Are Ya Wet?) when I bought it. It did'nt have anything to do with the weather. Needless to say, my wife made me change it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom