Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(License Plate) With 650hp, how appropriate...

*89x2*

What a fitting license plate :chuckle

:w

file.php

:(

So that's the C16? I don't care for the rear view on it much. I prefer the C4 Callaways. The aerobodies were much better looking IMO.:thumb

Then again, I didn't care for the C12s as much either. It seems the original Corvette styling becomes harder and harder to see in subsequent models. I suppose the drastic change is a must though, to justify the kind of bucks required to purchase one.

So how much does a C16 cost, over and above the cost of the base model, I mean? I wonder what it works out to on a per horsepower basis when compared to a ZR1.

:wJane Ann

Every one starts as a Corvette...

The C16 is more power for dollar, especially when you factor that most ZR1s are costing the same as the Callaway C16 :cool

It is a bit like comparing apples to oranges though, as the build quality and choice of materials on the C16 are superior to those used on the ZR1. Especially that interior!:thumb

The car's owner, Reeves Callaway and I stopped by a Corvette club meeting on our way back from showing the cars in NYC the other week and while there, a husband went nuts over the car. His wife did not. She said (in a very loud tone), "I don't like it - I just don't like it!" While that is fine and she is entitled to her opinion, Reeves Callaway paused and asked her why... Her response was that it did not look like a Corvette anymore. That was her only thought... Reeves Callaway then said, that was EXACTLY why it was styled and changed the way it was - to give the car its own identity.

Look past one's initial thoughts, I bet you can see its Corvette lineage. :beer

:(

So that's the C16? I don't care for the rear view on it much. I prefer the C4 Callaways. The aerobodies were much better looking IMO.:thumb

Then again, I didn't care for the C12s as much either. It seems the original Corvette styling becomes harder and harder to see in subsequent models. I suppose the drastic change is a must though, to justify the kind of bucks required to purchase one.

:wJane Ann

...but liked it enough for a screensaver? ;shrug

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94033

...just sayin ;) :m

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom