Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Longblock swap for a 1984 crossfire C-4

C4yourself

Is it possible to swap a 1973 350 Longblock for the Longblock in my 1984 crossfire injection are there any physical differences in the head to manifold configuration in other words will the 73 bolt right up to the crossfire manifold ? Expert firsthand knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Moving out of the Site Help and Feedback forum and into the C4 Crossfire forum...

Is it possible to swap a 1973 350 Longblock for the Longblock in my 1984 crossfire injection are there any physical differences in the head to manifold configuration in other words will the 73 bolt right up to the crossfire manifold ? Expert firsthand knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

:w C4yourself!

Oh... first and foremost... :welcome

Yes- you can swap out the engine (longblock with heads) for any pre-87 configuration of those and it will bolt up to the crossfire intake.

Technically... even an 87 and later engine SBC Gen I (non-Vortec heads / non-LT1 reverse flow cooling) will bolt up too. On the 87 and up heads the center most bolts on the intake have a different angle- but there are adapter washers available. Or you could get the intake machined.

Just curious though- whatcha building??? :beer

750HP actual 383ci

:w C4yourself!

Oh... first and foremost... :welcome

Yes- you can swap out the engine (longblock with heads) for any pre-87 configuration of those and it will bolt up to the crossfire intake.

Technically... even an 87 and later engine SBC Gen I (non-Vortec heads / non-LT1 reverse flow cooling) will bolt up too. On the 87 and up heads the center most bolts on the intake have a different angle- but there are adapter washers available. Or you could get the intake machined.

Just curious though- whatcha building??? :beer

750 HP 383ci. very healthy build less than 100 miles on it out of my Nova pro street all forged internals aluminum heads and blueprinted. Now all I have to do since you have confirmed the swap able to be achieved my next inquiry will be HOW to get more CFM out of the TBI because I want to keep the crossfire setup I know I will be compromising power due to the loss of the larger carb that is currently on the engine now I believe the crossfire provides approx 450CFM which is a significant difference any suggestions would be appreciated and thank you for the longblock swap confirmation

Find an Offy intake, bore the TBI units out to 2.1 inches, run the TB units parallel with a VAFPR, run 90lb injectors, get an LT1 fuel pump, and go with an EBL ECM.

That's the short list you'd need.

I don't think your OEM crossfire intake will meet that engine's needs.

But man- if you get that running with crossfire.... WOW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!!
sounds like a bada$$ engine!!!!:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom