Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Look at this fine 73 on EBAY!!!!

waterboy1976 said:
..,Sure looks like a nice one to me!!!!!!

I agree- wish I could take her off your hands!

waterboy1976 said:
"But Honey.....it's only a few more dollars and then she'll be DONE!!!!"

I guess that has something to do with the sale!

Thats not mine...thats...Joe Byrnes......from the site here....

Luckily my wife supports my car purchases.........

with her own....ya know.....Tiffany and Co......Coach......etc etc.....

kool 73 said:
73's always look good from the rear!

:beer

Where is Joe today??? Is he at work or out cruising.....Joe??? Where are you????

I emailed the "seller" on Ebay and asked him if he would take a 73 in trade......LOL

your a wise ass..Sold it last week for reserve and the guy screwing me....now there are 20 of them on line and it's going nowhere. Im keeping it and driving it and I will try next year. Im making a cocktail and going for a drive. A real bunch of comedians we have here
:drink

JOE BYRNE said:
Sold it last week for reserve and the guy screwing me....now there are 20 of them on line and it's going nowhere.
Whatcha mean???

JOE BYRNE said:
your a wise ass..Sold it last week for reserve and the guy screwing me....now there are 20 of them on line and it's going nowhere. Im keeping it and driving it and I will try next year. Im making a cocktail and going for a drive. A real bunch of comedians we have here

Unfortunately, there are a hell of a lot of SOB's out there. That's one beautiful car, at a more than reasonable price.
Joe, you'll sell that at your first cruise night if you put a sign on it. This car won't be on the market very long. Good luck,

-John

Met reserve last Saturday night and the guy and his wife wanted to drive down to give me a deposit on Sunday (Easter). They drove down from Pennsylvainia about 2 hours away. He wighed about 300 lbs and she was very close to that (he was actually better looking)

He fell in love with the car and I took him for a ride. On the way back I asked him if he wanted to drive it (I was hoping he would say no) and he got a big grin on his face (he is a farmer by the way). To drive it he had to tilt the wheel all the way up but it did not seem to bother him. I had a tough time keeping a straight face. He managed to get us back to the house and I asked his wife if she wanted a short ride. Took her out...gave her a nice ride and just before we got back to the house I nailed it so she could here the chambered exhaust (guess I wanted to hear them)

She got out and he had his checkbook in his hand ready to write the down payment. She asked him if she could talk to him alone. The next TWO HOURS they stood in my drieway talking. I managed to watch Extreme Makeover while they talked. They knocked on the door at 9:00 pm and he told me that although he wanted the car that the power kind of scared his wife (It's a 350 for christ sake!!) I guess they were looking for something they could both drive and were in the process of selling her 66 Mustang with a 289 in it.

What could I say at that point??? I told him to write me a check for $46.65 for the cost of the add. I put it back up now there are 20 73's and the price is only creeping. Im keeping it for now and enjoying it myself since I put a ton into it. Thats my f***** up E-Bay story. Time for a refill

Joe,
Go have a drink.....then dont go drive....keep that beautiful 73 we have a little club of 73s here....:D

Its summer in Norhtern Ohio enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buncha "comedians" HA.......

JOE BYRNE said:
Met reserve last Saturday night and the guy and his wife wanted to drive down to give me a deposit on Sunday (Easter). They drove down from Pennsylvainia about 2 hours away. He wighed about 300 lbs and she was very close to that (he was actually better looking)

He fell in love with the car and I took him for a ride. On the way back I asked him if he wanted to drive it (I was hoping he would say no) and he got a big grin on his face (he is a farmer by the way). To drive it he had to tilt the wheel all the way up but it did not seem to bother him. I had a tough time keeping a straight face. He managed to get us back to the house and I asked his wife if she wanted a short ride. Took her out...gave her a nice ride and just before we got back to the house I nailed it so she could here the chambered exhaust (guess I wanted to hear them)

She got out and he had his checkbook in his hand ready to write the down payment. She asked him if she could talk to him alone. The next TWO HOURS they stood in my drieway talking. I managed to watch Extreme Makeover while they talked. They knocked on the door at 9:00 pm and he told me that although he wanted the car that the power kind of scared his wife (It's a 350 for christ sake!!) I guess they were looking for something they could both drive and were in the process of selling her 66 Mustang with a 289 in it.

What could I say at that point??? I told him to write me a check for $46.65 for the cost of the add. I put it back up now there are 20 73's and the price is only creeping. Im keeping it for now and enjoying it myself since I put a ton into it. Thats my f***** up E-Bay story. Time for a refill

That stinks, like waterboy said, have a drink and enjoy the 73. Cruising weather is here in Ohio!

I was actually going to buy a 68 Imapla SS last week. Thought it would be good incase the three of us went to one of the cruises on the weekend. Another year and she will be into the boy thing anyway! My wife told me to keep it today since I was always in the garage with her anyway (the Vette that is). Rob...Kool... John...thanks

Talk later,

Joe

Its a keeper...

Summer is near, enjoy that fine ride!

Chas:_rock

Joe, Why not just contact the second highest bidder??

Because the second highest bidder was $2,500 less. My mistake the guy who won bugged me all the way through the auction. Second highest was up to about $11,000. I told farmer boy I was at $13,500 and he hit it. My mistake and a learning expierience. There were eight 73's on the last auction and the last I looked there were 20 this time around. Im ok with it...I wanted a Vette for a long time and now I have one...Im going to enjoy it . Anyway who would want to leave a great palce like this???? I have learned a bunch here!!

Where are you at in Cleveland by the way??

I feel your pain, bro. I have a 78. I tried to sell it on EBAY. The closest bid was $3,000 less than I wanted. Maybe it was because there were a gazillion 78's for sale at the time. In the meantime I purchased a 64 Galaxie 500 XL (390). I will give it one more try. I plan to park the Vette in front of my in-laws' house. They live on a busy street. I will put the For Sale sign in the window. If I don't get any lookers in a week, I will keep it. The question then will be, "where do I park it?" I only have a 2 car garage. I will then have 4 cars to put in it. The Vette will probably get put in the driveway with the cover on it.

I live in a small town. I know of at least 5 other C3s in town. That is a lot for an old river town like this. The local newspaper has a 94 Vett for sale for 11,400. Slightly more than I was asking. I haven't seen it, but it sounds like a steal. If I put mine in the paper, it would look very overpriced.

:cry

JOE BYRNE said:
Where are you at in Cleveland by the way??
Just south of the airport, in Berea. The closest I get to the east side is either visiting my friend in Little Italy or my friend in Mayfield Hts. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom