Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Look at what I just bought!!!

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
A Flowmaster catback system for $350. Stainless steel tips and a y-pipe.

Please give me feedback on this system or any installation tips. I've heard great things about Flowmaster and didn't think I could pass this up for $350.

I think you probably got a good deal, but I can't help you with feedback on Flowmasters except that I've heard nothing but good things about them. ;)

_ken

I wanted to go with Borla's but couldn't come to coughing up $500 for a pair of mufflers. The car is kind of a daily driver, I don't take it on trips more than 30 miles round trip, so I just basically go to to work with it since work is only 16-17 miles round trip.

I think the HyperTech Stage 1 power chip is what I'm getting next!:D

Looks like a good system and should just bolt up. Give yourself as much room as possible if you are doing the install yourself and don't give everything the final snugs until it's lined up just right.

Phil (aka 89ZZ4)

Phil,

Yes, I will be doing the install myself. I think that it will be quite a chore but nothing I can't handle since it's a bolt on. If I had to do anything with welding, that would have to be left to the professionals.

By the way, how is that new motor of yours coming along? The weather hasn't been that good lately so I'm guessing that you really haven't had the chance to "stretch the legs." It's incredible that we here in IL go from 90 to 40 in just a couple of days!

Edmond - you can keep track of my engine swap progress on my thread 89ZZ4 Engine Project. The rain stinks. Yesterday I was going to go to the Apple Chevrolet/Windy City Vettes show but decided to change the oil in the vette. Had enough break in miles (about 200) so I put on a new AC Delco filter and some Mobile I. I still have to crawl under mine and readjust the exhaust as it's out of whack a bit plus I have a rattle down there. The cat back I bought is painted all the way but the 3 1/2 inch pipe running from the cat which is 3 inches and the 3 inch mufflers are very low restriction. Very loud! If you need a hand let me know.

Phil (aka 89ZZ4)

I can tell you they are LOUD! They sound awesome and will get the attention of others around you. However, they kind of droan and moan at 45 mph and seem to bellow through the interior and off the rear clam shell window.

I love them, but could really use a on/off switch sometimes as the noise does get the best of me. When I am alone in the car, there is no worry. When Nikki is with me she complains about the noise.

I will be looking into something different in the future. I may even consider a trade for a perfect set of stock mufflers.

I have a CatBack system on my 88 also. I have alot of low speed resonance (up to about 1500 rpm) during normal city type driving, but nothing I can't live with. Like the others have stated, the sound is soooo cooool!!! I cruise the freeways at 75+ and hardly hear the Flowmasters at all.
Great Choice,
Fix

Phil,

I didn't see they had a show at Apple until last night so I didn't get a chance to go. I would've really liked to go though, but then again with that rain...

I'm really excited about this catback system. It should arrive later this week or early next week. With my new plugs and wires in addition to the exhaust, it'll be ready just in time for nice weather hopefully!

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and experience.

Hey BullWinkle,

Let me know how those Flowmasters sound. I was looking at a set for my 89 convertible. Hope they work out good for you!

Thanks,
Radar :w

I have Flowmasters on both the 75 and the 94. There are both different than your setup. The 75 is just headers and pipes back to the series 40 Flowmasters. The resonance on these is a little on the high side ( actually annoying ) after a while. It all depends on you vehicle speed.

The 94 has a cat back system but looks different then yours in the mid section. This doesn't have nearly the resonance that the 75 has.

I think you will be happy with your system. The price was right as they probably sell for close to twice what you paid.

Did you buy that system from a dealer or was it a private sale ?? Looks too cheap for a dealer price

Bullwinkle, 89ZZ4, I am just across the border in Indiana. I havent found too many people here from the Chicago area. Just want to say Hey.

resto75 said:
Did you buy that system from a dealer or was it a private sale ?? Looks too cheap for a dealer price

resto,

I did the eBay thing. The seller said that he bought them and never installed them because he sold the car. I believe that he's in Kansas or somewhere's around there. It came out to $390 and the tips are stainless. He said that he bought them from Jegs and I checked out the Jegs prices and saved at least $85.00 from buying on eBay.

Paul G said:
Bullwinkle, 89ZZ4, I am just across the border in Indiana. I havent found too many people here from the Chicago area. Just want to say Hey.

Greetings Paul!

Not too many of us around here, guess the weather isn't always condusive for Corvette driving like the folks in CA or FL!:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom