Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

looking to buy a c4, would like your opinion and knowledge

Dont worry as soon as i get it back from the insp station i will be camera happy :D . the pic i have right now suck cause they were with the phone, but i should have some up by the end of the week i hope.

Dont worry as soon as i get it back from the insp station i will be camera happy :D . the pic i have right now suck cause they were with the phone, but i should have some up by the end of the week i hope.

Sounds good! :upthumbs

B17Crew
:w

got it home today, needed back pads and turn rotors for insp but thats it, was cheap enough and the guy is a friend so i let him do it, i have lack of time right now too, anyway here is some pics, and dont mind the dodge sign in the garage, i just sold my monster 98 ram, it helped pay for the vette :D

p1060479az9.jpg

p1060480ck4.jpg

p1060481om4.jpg

p1060482yv9.jpg

p1060483bo3.jpg

p1060484sx5.jpg

p1060485zf6.jpg

p1060486om5.jpg

and finally a guy Gave me this cover, he used it on a newer one and sold the car, he knew i was looking and gave it to me, seems to fit this year pretty good too :upthumbs

Congrats on your acquisition, that is a great looking ’93! Thanks for posting the pics of a hard to come by color.

B17Crew

Thats really what made the sale, i found a few(even a newer one) with 60K miles on them that were other colors but had a price as low as 10K, but i would rather have the two yr older , one owner car, that is a beautiful and rare blue and spend a little more. still wish it was a stick but when i get stuck in traffic jam that will change :L

Thats really what made the sale, i found a few(even a newer one) with 60K miles on them that were other colors but had a price as low as 10K, but i would rather have the two yr older , one owner car, that is a beautiful and rare blue and spend a little more. still wish it was a stick but when i get stuck in traffic jam that will change :L

Quasar compliments the C4 very well, you’ll be glad you purchased this particular car because it is what you wanted. The car cover is a great gift, those covers can be pricey.

I can relate to being stuck in traffic with manual. I’ve been there before with my ’96. No fun, no way, no how.

B17Crew

Dave, I have a "93 and love it. Sounds like a good price and all the other details seem to add up to a good bargain. regarding the opti spark as long as you don't get it wet it should be fine. My car has 74K miles on it with no issues at all. If you don't buy, shoot me an email I would definetly be interested. Good luck.

Tom

Hey Dave,

I just read the whole thread hoping to chime in (especially when I saw quasar blue) before you bought it. Oh well, congratulations. I was in a similar situation, hoping for a 50th anniversary vette, in my late 30's and didn't really want to wait until I could afford $30,000. I came across our 93' quasar blue vert. with 8,000 miles. It is flawless, and was only 1.5 hours from home. I test drove a buddies 92' (never drove a vette before) and decided it was a fun car, enough power and was still a vette. Then I went after the 93'. The guy new exactly what he had and that was a brand new 14 year old car. He also has a 58' and 77' and just sold a 67'. Not hurting for cash. I paid a premium for it, but I'm glad I did and it will be paid off in 3 years. We love it. Yellow is the only color that is more rare in 93 and quasar blue was only offered in 92 and 93. You will see Ruby Red special editions every where. I saw my first quasar blue (other than mine) at Carlisle last week and it was a coupe. I have a picture on the "show your c4 to the world thread on the probably the last page 10 or 11. Haven't had any trouble yet, the original tires are a little cracked, I'll replace soon. The only thing that doesn't work is the cd player. I have a cassette adapter that I plug into my sirius radio or my Ipod. Don't really miss the cd. Any questions let me know. Congratulations, I think you bought a great car, beautiful color and at a nice price.
-Matt

Hey Dave,

I just read the whole thread hoping to chime in (especially when I saw quasar blue) before you bought it. Oh well, congratulations. I was in a similar situation, hoping for a 50th anniversary vette, in my late 30's and didn't really want to wait until I could afford $30,000. I came across our 93' quasar blue vert. with 8,000 miles. It is flawless, and was only 1.5 hours from home. I test drove a buddies 92' (never drove a vette before) and decided it was a fun car, enough power and was still a vette. Then I went after the 93'. The guy new exactly what he had and that was a brand new 14 year old car. He also has a 58' and 77' and just sold a 67'. Not hurting for cash. I paid a premium for it, but I'm glad I did and it will be paid off in 3 years. We love it. Yellow is the only color that is more rare in 93 and quasar blue was only offered in 92 and 93. You will see Ruby Red special editions every where. I saw my first quasar blue (other than mine) at Carlisle last week and it was a coupe. I have a picture on the "show your c4 to the world thread on the probably the last page 10 or 11. Haven't had any trouble yet, the original tires are a little cracked, I'll replace soon. The only thing that doesn't work is the cd player. I have a cassette adapter that I plug into my sirius radio or my Ipod. Don't really miss the cd. Any questions let me know. Congratulations, I think you bought a great car, beautiful color and at a nice price.
-Matt

Thanks Matt,
I am super happy with th color, obviously i love blue, but when i saw the vette in this blue it just did it for me, i kept looking for the "better deal", but most sellers that have the quasar blue in 92-93 on auto trader they wanted a average of about 15,500 for the coupes , most with more mileage too. since its day one i of course and very happy with the purchase and like all cars ,parts will fail down the road thats just life. I was lucky the owners put new tires on about 6K ago, and im not sure what you guys buy but they bought Michelin pilots and if you havnt bought them before they are way up there, i have bought the pilots for a 94 vert mustang i had yrs ago and remember the premium i paid then. it cost them 1200 for these tires.. they also said they put a new battery in and if it fails on me to come back to them and they will take it back for me , they were a great couple. Also lucky for me i had just sold my jacked up 1998 ram with 62K miles on it, and i sold a 1970 cougar race car (project), and the both of them gave me the cash for the vette so its paid for completely , also Im not sure who you guys use for Ins, or how you drive yours cars But i will be using this on weekends and I drive a work truck home and also have a beater honda for regular driving, anyway this allowed me to call hagerty who ins my duster and 64 cutlass, and they put the vette on their "exotic/collector" car ins and i insured it to a agreed value of 18K, and the premium is 391 a yr. so then i dropped the dusters ins( since its down hard anyway), and they said they would send me a bill for the difference.... 32bucks :D

If you guys can only drive yours on weekends and nice days here and there, you might want to look into it, If im 33yrs old paying 391 a yr on a vette, its worth a shot...
Ps i pay more for the beater hondas liability ins a yr than that. :boogie

just letting everyone i talked to in here i changed my name to quasarcoupe , and thank you guys for all your help and info, i love this car!

Dave, I tried sending you a pm, but it said you elected not to receive.

nice vette/colore btw:beer

**edit** I guess I was pm ing your old user name. Pl ck your pms on your new name!!!

done texan, sorry i couldnt do anything with the other username, no posting or replying. all better now

thanks for the info. on the colors/codes.

Thanks for your time and patience answering my questions.

:beer

anytime texan,need anything else just ask

Dave

DaveW congrats on the vette! :thumb I really enjoyed my '88 coupe. I drove it for 4 years as my daily driver. I think the C4 is a really great bargain these days.

I like the color too. I looks a lot like my Jet Stream Blue.:D

Congrats on your purchase. I just paid about a grand more than
that for a '94 coupe with ZR-1 rims. Owner had taken great care of it
and had all documentation right down to window sticker and build sheet.
There are many C4's out there right now...and when you find one
that shows signs of excellent care along with low mileage...I think they are
worth a little more than the average "nice looking" car.
preacherman

DaveW congrats on the vette! :thumb I really enjoyed my '88 coupe. I drove it for 4 years as my daily driver. I think the C4 is a really great bargain these days.

I like the color too. I looks a lot like my Jet Stream Blue.:D

Thanks , and Yes it does look close to the same color, i love your car and one day maybe ill be able to get one that new but this beauty will suffice for now:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom