Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Lost my only key FOB

Airic Sullivan

Bad day everyone,

I bought my 2005 corvette used, and it only came with one key FOB and it was key FOB#2. I have lost the my only key FOB, what do I need to do? I am sure the dealership will charge me an arm and a leg and possibly my children to get it fixed. what is the cheapest and easiest way to get a replacement and to program it.

Thank you,
Airic

It appears that the FOB is around $65. I'm guessing you'll have to take it to the dealer to get it programmed. I just recently had to do this for my grandsons' Cadillac CTS (2007). I took it to the Buick dealer (the Caddy dealer was a jerk about doing this for us), and they charged us $50 to program two fobs. So, I'm guessing it's going to cost you around $120.

Vettboy, They changed FOBs for 2008 and they are almost twice the price of the 2005-2007 versions. They are available, just pricey.

I'll be interested t see the best solution as one of mine went into the washing machine :D

Good luck

I guess I will have to have it towed out of my garage to the dealership, since the only key FOB. I have is lost. I heard I can program it my self which I am going to try. I ordered a new key FOB from eBay. Which cost me $70, saw online I should be able to program it my self. Hopefully!! Lol

There see I learned that Tom was right that the 2008 FOB was about twice as much .I'm so glad to know this as I wouldn't want a cheap one :mad

While on Ebay (great idea)I also needed one for a 2013 Ford Fiesta ,dealer had quoted me $200 a couple years ago .$200 is equal to 2% of the original car cost .Ebay was $23 :thumb

Steve, I'm glad to be of service... :D Sorry I had to be the bearer of the bad news though. Glad you found the parts you needed.

I am anxiously awaiting to hear, whether or not, you can program it yourself.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom