Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lots of folks out there bashing the C4...what gives?

SWEEEET! I want some help with mine. Send Evolution80 my way. . .:L

RJSROCKET said:
Thanks. Evolution80 helped out a lot with the graphics.
Yep, love my dash (Star Wars by Fisher-Price) and jet fighter feel. Also hitting 1 g on the skid and a 48/52 weight ratio works for me...

I think the c3's are the best looking and get the most attention :/

That goes without saying. . . I'd love to have one. . .maybe some day. My spouse is still reeling from the shock of my C5. ;LOL

Bender said:
I think the c3's are the best looking and get the most attention :/

I bought my C4, now for sale, in 2004. I paid a real good price for it too. Remember you get what you pay for, for the most part. Everyone will tell you they are not worth much and maybe so but after you fix it up and do what it needs you have a great looking & performing car for under $9000.00. Mine has a new 2 stage paint job and a clutch. Those were the major things for me. Why is it for sale? My 71 GTO, 71 Impala Sport Coupe and 69 Camaro are fighting with it for garage space. Interested?

make your own

This is more of advice than saying what is good or bad no matter what year corvette you buy you are part of the true american sports car hertiage now get out there and buy what you want you can always make some upgrades style/performance hey I've own my 88 triple black roadster since 1990 had 2 1980 vetts to me that 1990 is the best because it seems best of both worlds sleek outside and cockpit like a jet figther inside I truly wanted the 1990 but changed my mind what I paid for 88 vs 90 money better deal and was very happy Good Luck hope it helps U

I have had a C3, C4, C5 and now a 2008 C6. I loved them all and they are all different.

In my opinion the C4 is the best bang for the buck. My C4 had 166K on it when I sold it and the buyer flew into Little Rock and drove it back to Ohio.

You can get a very nice C4 in the price range you stated. Get an LT4 and it will run with or faster than a C5.

I was on the way home yesterday and saw a beautiful black C4. It was a real head-turner. I love the clamshell hood. That is a cool factor no other vette has.:thumb

I say you get whatever vette YOU want. I thought my first Corvette was going to be a C3. Because in my eyes (I'm 43) this was the classic looking Corvette, a Stingray. But in 2005 I stumbled upon a 1989 with 13,000 miles for 15K, and I bought it. It's not the fastest car, faster then anything I have previously owned (67 El Camino, 82 Camaro, 84 T-Bird) except my 1975 900Z1 Kawasaki. The car runs great, looks beautiful and it is a Corvette. You can only go just so fast on state highways anyway (80, 90, 100...), and if you are going to race at a track, then you should buy a race car. Enough said, buy what makes you happy. Only listen to people who are trying to give you advice from a mechanical standpoint. I hope this helps.
See Ya.

Hi everyone I agree with Paulc that the c4 has it all over the c5. I am looking for another vette,and if price was no option I would still get a 95 or 96 to go along with the 84.My view would change if the c5 had a different rear end.Did I just say rear end? Barry

Hello. I also have an 84, and my name is also Barry!! Cool coincidence.

I have only been on here a couple of times. I have been on CF a lot, but am disenchanted with them right now. A lot of the guys are pretty cool and tons of info there, but there are some who continually bash the C4. I don't understand this. All they are doing is perpetuating the idea that Corvette owners are elitist snobs. Doesn't make sense to me.

I have had a C3, C4, C5 and now a 2008 C6. I loved them all and they are all different.

In my opinion the C4 is the best bang for the buck. My C4 had 166K on it when I sold it and the buyer flew into Little Rock and drove it back to Ohio.

You can get a very nice C4 in the price range you stated. Get an LT4 and it will run with or faster than a C5.

I was on the way home yesterday and saw a beautiful black C4. It was a real head-turner. I love the clamshell hood. That is a cool factor no other vette has.:thumb

I have see a bunch of L98's that can whoop a Lt4 and a C5!
It all has to do with how big your wallet is.;shrug

I have see a bunch of L98's that can whoop a Lt4 and a C5!
It all has to do with how big your wallet is.;shrug

You are right. It is always about how big your wallet is.:upthumbs

If I could I'd still have a nice 94-96 C4 in my driveway along with my '08. C4s are good looking cars.:thumb And again, the best bang for the buck.

I have had my Yellow 91 Convertible for almost 3 years. It has 120000 miles on it and runs just beautifully. I love the C4. It looks great, rides nice, is fast and handles like a charm. I have driven older Vettes and they dont handle as well nor ride anywhere near as nice as the C4. Just my 2 cents worth.

Hello. I also have an 84, and my name is also Barry!! Cool coincidence.

I have only been on here a couple of times. I have been on CF a lot, but am disenchanted with them right now. A lot of the guys are pretty cool and tons of info there, but there are some who continually bash the C4. I don't understand this. All they are doing is perpetuating the idea that Corvette owners are elitist snobs. Doesn't make sense to me.

We've each chosen the generation of Corvette we drive for personal reasons.

And, while we won't speak badly of other online sites here, I can assure you that here, at CAC, our staff takes a very dim view of attacks on, or the belittlement of, anyone who owns any of the Corvette generations.

Take my word on it. :mad

Welcome to the :CAC

way to go 67H i feel the same way i left one club for the same reason fell in with a bunch of blue color workin stiffs' that just love the car. and the support our club has for all its members is just fantastic. if one is having problems we all are willing to toss in and help out. i have a 88 coupe and the 1st meeting i went to i was asked what kind of vett i owned and when i said it was an 88 i could tell it was the wrong thing to say i had my misgivings when i pulled into the parking lot of the local westrensizzler and all i seen was
z06's and mid 60'sand late 50's needless to say i felt really out of place. then i found the club i'm in now and the diffrence is like nigt and day.i love my L-98 its the first one i ever owned and probly will be the last.ive owned a 66 2+2 mustang,a 69 GT 390,a 66GTS plymouth belvedere and a 70 LT camero but nothin compares to strapin into the go box and layin into the curves,my wife compares ridding with me to getting in a rollercoaster with the saftey bar off vetts forever!!!!! wouldent have nothin but my C-4 sittin in my driveway!!!

think about it everything has its genises. zora had a vision and it was good,
C-1 begat C-2,C-2 begat C-3,C-3 begat C-4, and thru the entire automotive world earth shakers were born,any body privlaged enough to be able to owen one of the finest sports cars in the world should be proud. if it wasent for the early models and the people that drive them. they should lookback and thank their luckystars that if it wasent for the devlopment work that was done in the early years they would probly be driving eurotrash rite now!!

I have wanted a Vette all of my life.I grew up looking at the C3's. I thought they looked great, and beautiful car. They had style, with all the curves.
When the C4's came out, I said man what did they do? To me, and of course this is just my personal opinion, the style was gone. It started at the front and just went straight back. Yes it did have a sleek straight back look, but most of all of the beautiful curves were gone. I liked the body style of the C5 when it came out and thought it was a huge improvement.
I'm only talking about looks, not comparing anything on performance. This is just my opinion and my taste.
I'm 53 years old and I finally bought my Vette this past October, and yes it is a C3. You can find a very nice C3 in the price range you are in, and I'm sure a C4 also.

well as far as I'm concerned there is nothing like a C6. I have driven them just can't afford one.

I own a C3(1981), bought it because it was cheap. I have two C4s(1993) again because I can afford them. C3 in a beast it's not refined by any means. The C4s I fell in love with in '84, great design and out handles the C3. C4s in my opinion are very easy to work on parts are plentyfull new and used. I can sell either of my C4s and get what I paid for them try that with a C3 of non collector status.

Bottom line is buy what you can afford in the price range you set. It does not matter whether it's a C3,C4,C5. Weight the pros and cons of each then decide from there, it's what you like.

tcxd40

You are exactly right about your bottom line, and yes, I wish I could afford a C6.
As for my comments on the C3, like I said it was on my personal taste only about the looks and style of the car, nothing else. Performance, etc., etc..
For those of use lucky enough to buy and drive any Vette, HOTDOG!

You are exactly right about your bottom line, and yes, I wish I could afford a C6.
As for my comments on the C3, like I said it was on my personal taste only about the looks and style of the car, nothing else. Performance, etc., etc..
For those of use lucky enough to buy and drive any Vette, HOTDOG!

Considering there's just over, what 1.3 million vettes made, can't be sure;shrug. We are among a small group of pepole to own and drive them as alot of them have been wrecked, stripped or just plain rotted away.

ENJOY the one(s) you have:thumb

tcxd40

C4 bashers should buy a Miata

Hey John,
Let 'em bash C4's all they want this "Young/Old" guy, 62, says the C4 looks like it's flying even when it's sitting in the garage. You can't beat the styling for the present price; the darn thing is just nice to look at. The only other Vette that got to me like my Ruby is the '63 split window which has been out of my price range for about 45 years now and the gap is widdening, so I'll stay with Ruby. I got my C4 back in August and I have been tweeking it ever since, just minor stuff to bring it up to my snuff.

If you read this forum, get a FSM (Factory Service Manual), take your time, ask questions and enjoy each task you will notice the C4's are responsive to TLC.

In fact about two weeks ago I was in a Walmart parking lot walking away from my car toward the store and I over heard an 11/12 year old boy asked his Dad, both of whom were walking toward it, what kind of car that cool one was over there? (Meaning mine) and I heard Dad say, "it's a Corvette" and the kid said "NICE". Now that made me feel great since a 12 year old likes the same car a guy 50 years older than he is. Maybe the design is "Timeless".

Go for it and enjoy one. I'll be keeping mine until I can't "Fall in and climb out" of it anymore.

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom