Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lots of folks out there bashing the C4...what gives?

I have a friend here who says he hates the c4. However he considered buying a vette and the three that he looked at were all c4s

I have a friend here who says he hates the c4. However he considered buying a vette and the three that he looked at were all c4s

:L

That is too funny. Perhaps he's confused... maybe he's a little dehydrated and needs some water. Hates the C4- but only looks at those to buy...

We've each chosen the generation of Corvette we drive for personal reasons.

And, while we won't speak badly of other online sites here, I can assure you that here, at CAC, our staff takes a very dim view of attacks on, or the belittlement of, anyone who owns any of the Corvette generations.

Take my word on it. :mad

Welcome to the :CAC
I've never driven a Corvette any distance I didn't Like,No matter what generation it was!!:thumb

There ALL a "Masterpiece" in there own Class!!:beer

:Steer:lou:bu:bu:bu
:pat:D:D:D

I can relate. I wobbled between dislike and "so what" re Vettes until 4 years ago when I test drove an LT1 C4. I was shocked that I liked it so much and I bought it a week later! I enjoyed that car immensely every minute I owned it.

I could never see trashing the C4 -- but I must admit I like the C5 I replaced it with last month even more...

I can relate. I wobbled between dislike and "so what" re Vettes until 4 years ago when I test drove an LT1 C4. I was shocked that I liked it so much and I bought it a week later! I enjoyed that car immensely every minute I owned it.

I could never see trashing the C4 -- but I must admit I like the C5 I replaced it with last month even more...

I really do like my c4 and won't even ride in a c5 or c6.
I am afraid I would be buying one shortly there after. As a matter of fact I love the c1s the best for looks

Am I the only one here that loves going to the local car meets pulling in and not seeing another C4? Sure there are highly modded C5 and C6 vettes, but I get to be different. I guess I'm the odd man out, but that's Ok I'm the ONLY C4 in the parking lot. People sometimes laugh and ask why I chose a C4. I look at them and ask who their favorite sports team is. Then I proceed to laugh and ask why they would pick that team. They usually get the point and walk away.

Although it would be nice maybe once to have a fellow C4 owner pull in and park next to mine.

Anytime anyone wants to give away their C4, please let me know. I have enough space here for over 200 of them. ;)

:thumb

Although it would be nice maybe once to have a fellow C4 owner pull in and park next to mine.

Like this. There was at least 26 c4s. Whish they could have been all together. There was over 100 vettes and it filled the lot.

IMG_0028.jpg

<<$.02

when i was ten i saw my first 84 vette. i fell in love immediately. the digital dash was astonishing to me at the time. and when i saw the driver shifting gears i thought that it was the coolest thing in the world, because all the other vettes i had ever seen were automatic. the car looked so wide and sleek and beautiful from every single angle. in my young opinion- it was perfection in every way. it was black with saddle interior.

i'm 34 now, and was driving down the street when i saw that very car parked at an oil change place. i found the owner and bought it, more or less on the spot. to this day i think the eighty four has the best lines. the cuisinart rims, its layed back look, even the way the lights are seperated on the front corners are better looking (imho) than later years. and those big round tailights that are so deep, i still catch myself staring at them dreamily at times.

BUT.... the thing has been a nightmare, new engine, soon to be new tranny i think, suspension is terrible, stereo broke, targa top broke, front window broke from flexxing, windows dont roll up anymore, the electric seat even broke, the bumpers front and back are warping terribly, drives like total crap on snow or ice, heater and air conditioner both broke, digital dash cluster went out... the hatch doesnt even open anymore.. and oh yah, the hood support broke and almost killed me. LOL.. wish i had that on video.

so... if you want the beauty of the 84... i suggest first and foremost to install the bolt-on Xframe support so you can drive without flexxing... and just fix it as you go. :thumb

i don't care that my car is a money pit. even when its broken down i will sit in the garage and have a look at her... if you squint hard enough you can almost see the C3 peeking at you through the front bumper.:)

i don't care that my car is a money pit. even when its broken down i will sit in the garage and have a look at her.:)

Yep! Buying a Vette and affording a Vette are two different things. But is it worth it??? You bet your Sebring Silver a$$ it is!!:thumb

I know

I just got my C4 (1996), and before I drove one, I thought it was the weakest of them all. Was I Wrong!!!
This Vette has the best interior, and is the last real race-car Vette because the new ones are a luxury sports car (made so even a fat chick can own one). If you have ever driven a C4 you know what I'm talking about.

Check out my other comments on my ride page (link) below. It has pics and comments.

I absolutely did not like the looks of the C4. I wanted a C3 but I bought a C4 because it was "there". Well after some time of detailing and feeling the curves I have fallen in love with the C4 and that is what I will have until the end. I have entered in many car shows and for the most part I am the only C4 or maybe a couple of C4's. There is always tons of C5's and up, so much as it is cookie cutter. I have been in the middle of many Vette's in a row and when you throw open that massive clam shell hood all eyes pass the others and hone in. Is a C4 the cheapest Vette you can buy? U betcha. That is why they are the red headed step child. But are they art? U betcha, that is why out of 225 corvettes from 1953-2010 in a Corvette show last fall I got the sponsor best of show trophy. That is definately why the C4 is a thing of beauty.

WOW!...this has to be the record holder for dug up threads....:cool!:

My '84 is a joy to look at as well as drive...they were built for performance and are still a good looking 'vette. All Gens' have their traits that stand out, but the C4's are where the Corvette magic really got into full swing.

Just got back from blowing a few cobwebs out of the 74. I like driving both the 74 and the 95 but if I want to take out a little agression I still like to drive the 74 the best plus I can go through the gears and listen to it growl a little. The 95 is still the better of the two for longer trips with some comfort. I have never driven a C5 but I am certainly not ashamed of the two that I have.

C4 or C5

I guess the best thing to say is buy the one you love and can afford. I bought a C3 and my son has a C5 ZO6. I have a friend with a C4. I love them all. Someone mentioned the lack of waves, I am 2 for 2 today and they were both C4 owners:cool!:

If you have ever ridden far in a C-2 or C-3 you will appreciate the smooth ride of a C-4. I have owned 6 C-3 and 1 C-1 a 56. I love the lines on the C-3 but the ride is harsh, the noise is loud and they are cramped. I currently own a 71 BB Coupe and a 79 L-82 I bought new. Both are great cars. I also own a 89 Vert and the power and ride is so much better than most C-3; although the 71 BB does have alot of power that you can feel.
Like most have said, buy what you can and enjoy it. The C-4 is a good car, one to enjoy and be proud of to own.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom