Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Low Oil Level

Grumpy

Corvette
2002 Pewter Coupe
I have to park on a slope in my driveway that is somewhat steep. Yesterday morning , following a warm spell, it was quite cool here. As I started the car, the low oil level light came on. I pressed the reset button and continued on to work. The drive is 20 miles and as I approached the parking garage, the light again came on. After I parked and the sun came up (30 minutes, level area) I checked the oil level and it was at the small hole just below the max level mark on the dipstick. This morning I again had the light and after getting to work, the level was still at the small hole. Could the change in temperature had this effect? After 10K miles I have yet to see any oil use and this is :crazy :crazy

Hi there,
No, I dont think so.
However, based on the design of the oil pan, and the location of the level sensor, I would say that your angle of the engine is what did it.
So, what I would do, is to check the dipstick when you are on a level surface.
You most likely will be fine.
Besttoyou, and please keep us posted, c4c5:hb

checked it again on level surface it's still at the full mark..it doesn't do this all the time just when I park in a certain area of the drive, which I will now avoid...can't figure out why it would come on after driving for 30 minutes tho'.....electronics .. wonderful stuff..thanks for checking in..

OK, I have one to add to this topic. I just got the oil changed and not the DIC says Low Oil Level when the car starts and when I turn it off. The oil level is full and I don't understand why this is happening. It did not happen until 4 days after the oil was changed. Is there a problem with the oil sensor, or does it need to be reset some how. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

rut roh

oil.
the cause 4 my broken heart.

dreamboat 3 annie

What is considered normail oil consumption ?

I'm burning a QT every 700-800 Miles..

Thanks

Jeff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom