Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

low rise lift

B

baetke

Is there anyone out there that is using a low rise floor lift to work on the car. Want to buy a lift but uncertain which one to get. Any info or opinions on the subject? Thank you

There are a number of drive on low lifts available . I built my own drive on unit that raises the car 24 inches above the floor . The unit allows easy chassis maintenance as well transmission and differential work if needed . Jacking up these cars is a pia , to say nothing of all the twisting the chassis undergoes .

geo

This is what I bought a couple of months ago. (Not my car)

http://www.kwiklift.com/index.htm

humes2.jpg

4 webers said:
There are a number of drive on low lifts available . I built my own drive on unit that raises the car 24 inches above the floor . The unit allows easy chassis maintenance as well transmission and differential work if needed . Jacking up these cars is a pia , to say nothing of all the twisting the chassis undergoes .

geo

4 webers,

do you have any pics of the lift you made? i'd love to see it.

I will take some pics over the weekend and send them . I was going to purchase a kwik lift , I was able to purchase the needed steel for less than the kwik lift shipping costs ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Geo

lifts

Kwiklift is now offering a lite duty model for $799
Not bad.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom