Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lower driving light

TonyI

Corvette
1998 All Black Coupe
Not the headlights,, but the light at the bottom of the bumper,, is there a spring or something that secures the plactic bezel ?? Mine wiggles in one side but not the other and I'm unable to see what secures it in place,,

Just to be sure....are you talking about the DRL or the fog lamps?

Yes, it is held in by a tension spring, check to see if it is seated the same as the other side. If not you can get at it by removing the corner air dam, corner panel, and pulling the brake cooling tube out of the way.Good luck

Not referring to the pop ups, but the lower ones that are activated by the push button just above the rear hatch button..........

OK the fog lamps....Dad has you covered. :w

OK the fog lamps....Dad has you covered. :w
Sorry, I don't have him covered as you suggest. The fog lights are on a solid bracket that is part of the light (10256980) and bolted fast. The lower outside driving/parking light (18523530/29 L/R) is held in by a tension spring (10291802) in a bracket (10269679) like I stated. The pop up headlights were never considered anything other than headlights.

Sorry, you're right. The Driving lights/corner lights are attached with the spring. I just changed those fog lamps out Before thanksgiving) in mine for HID's and now I can't remember how they were attached. I know there is an adjustment to aim the fog lamps, so there is some sort mechanism that allows for that.

Guess I'll have to go home and look it up in the FSM.

Here's some pictures for you OP, from inside the bumper. That spring is a hard find, dealer only item. I found 3 when I needed one and bought all three, just in case.

drl_housing1.jpg

drl_housing2.jpg

drl_housing3.jpg

drl_housing4.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom