Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lowering kit is not fun to install.....

JT ZR-Won

Corvette
'90 ZR-1 #3010
note to self: let someone else install the front wedges....:)

No, seriously, the back is a piece of cake.......the front is a different story. We had to borrow a special tool from the Chevy dealer to do the front. It is a pretty major ordeal. I could not believe the work involved. That issue of Corvette Fever I have has helped out though. The hard part is done. Tomorrow, my buddy & I will hopefully finish it up.......

I just ordered a digital camera so I'll be posting some before & after pics by next weekend:)

Jay

Jay,

I'll look forward to seeing the pics. :) Last Labor Day I saw a friends 86 convertible, made to look like a C5. I believe he had to lower his 86 to put the kit on it too. It was a chore, he said. ;) :w

How does it look?

Jay:

By now I'm sure you've completed the lowering job. It sounds like it was more work than you thought it would be. How does it look? How about tire clearance? Can you turn lock-to-lock under power without any tire rub?

Pictures.......,

Re: How does it look?

GreyGhost said:
Jay:

By now I'm sure you've completed the lowering job. It sounds like it was more work than you thought it would be. How does it look? How about tire clearance? Can you turn lock-to-lock under power without any tire rub?

Pictures.......,

Ahh....finally finished. I've been so busy with work & school it was hard to find the time to make the finishing adjustments. It does look a lot better........it'll be going in for an alignment tomorrow, so I'll know for sure then. I'll get pics together by this weekend, after I wash up the car and get the alignment done.
I was hoping for a little lower in the front, but it still looks good......a lot better than before. It looked like a 4X4 before....

more to come:)

Jay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom