Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport LS3 Engines in Grand Sport

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

tim414

Corvette
2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue
I know that 6-speed manual/stick COUPES have hand built LS3's, rear diff cooler etc...Question: If I decide to spring for a CONVERTIBLE, with the 6 speed man./stick, will I get the same as the coupe....i.e. Hndblt LS3, dry sump, rear diff cooler etc....in the convertible???? Anybody know for sure?

No. The LS3 engine in all convertibles are machine built w/o dry sump and the battery is in the engine compartment. I just bought a 2010 GS coupe with 6-speed manual and this was a deciding factor for me. I'm not sure how much difference it actually makes, but that is what I wanted regardless.

Intreasting .

This is the story I get most often...Seems as though my next car will be a coupe....that'll be a lil bit for me....since I want a vert, I'll just have to keep the one I have....make the last payment (in 3 1/2 yrs ;LOL!! ) then get a Z06 that's a year or two old that some guy has babied......might as well be that (Z06) if I have to get a coupe....like the power...kinda makes sense that they don't put extra performance gadgets on verts. At the high performance driving events (NCM etc) they don't let verts on the track cause of no top....potential roll-over and vert types would be screwed....(on the track)...that's what the Z06's and I suppose Grand Sport are designed for....drive-able street and track.... :D At least the GS comes as vert....:thumb

Once you plant your foot in a Z06, it'll be tough to want anything else...:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom