Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: LT1 Emissions Questions.

Hi Steve, I've blocked off the line going to the EGR but some of the guys say I will get problems and a friend who had done the same needed to replace the EGR to get through emissions......Roger.
When you block it you will have problems as the ecm is not being told to gonore it. You need to unplug/unblock it and have a tuner send you a chip with the EGR not monitored etc.
To get through emissions it will affect if blocked mechanically, visually you shouldnt have any issues with a tech person looking at your car, unless the egr is off the car and obviously blocked.
When its blocked it will, sometimes, give you pinging as it does affect timing.
Steve

Thanks Steve, But my problem is this. Originally I could put her in OD and run around at low revs, with no problems. Then she started to dislike pulling, at all, at low rpm in OD, shunting and missing until I went down a gear took the speed up to 50 mph+ and then selected OD. I managed to cure the symptoms by blocking off the piping to the EGR but, I'd like to know what caused the problem so I can put it right and reconnect the EGR.....Roger.

Thanks Steve, But my problem is this. Originally I could put her in OD and run around at low revs, with no problems. Then she started to dislike pulling, at all, at low rpm in OD, shunting and missing until I went down a gear took the speed up to 50 mph+ and then selected OD. I managed to cure the symptoms by blocking off the piping to the EGR but, I'd like to know what caused the problem so I can put it right and reconnect the EGR.....Roger.
If you blocked off the EGR and your problems went away, then the EGR is bad, in someway. If you have an aftermarket chip, it may have had the code for EGR tuned out and it may not be showing a bad egr.
There is a way to test the egr, I think you do a vacuum test on it to see if it holds vacuum. Search the test here on the forum.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom