Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT1 Spark Plugs

Zo6 LVR

Corvette
2002 Electron Blue Coupe
I would like to get some opinions what everyone thinks are good or the best replacement spark plugs for the LT1 engine.

What brand Iridium and any particular characteristic you like about these over say Platinum?

Stock original AC Delco's. :thumb

Works great, last long time :chuckle

:beer

I put Bosch single platinum plugs in a few years ago (I do not have the number off-hand) and they seem to be working great. I have about 12k miles on them.

CG

I work at the local parts store and when i did research on plugs for my vette i went with the ACdelco plugs platinum plugs that my vette had in it when i bought it, they work great! However we NEVER sell Bosch plugs to anyone unless they ask for them simply because we always have returns on them not sure why, One more misconception people get is that on parts like fuel pumps and what have you buying a "GM" part is diffrent than "ACdelco" they are not the same, but as far as spark plugs go ACdelco is the way to go IMO, i haver never used Bosch myself so i can not speak from experiance i just know what i sell and what i see retured. thats my .2 cents good luck bud!

Denso Iridium Power IT20.

Possible slight performance increase when ignition system is really loaded. Durability better than the OE plats in those engines and probably better than GM's current plat plug for the Gen 2 V8s.

I just had mine done with AC Delco OEM's and am happy as a clam!
:upthumbs

it doesnt really matter about the brand...i have (sigh) autolite iridium in mine
the iridium is high tech and has to be better.
i dont put bosch in anything(bad experence)
there is a higher tech, i forget the brand, but they have built in spark inhancers..but cost $25 each..a step i wasnt prepaired to make
just check the heat range and make sure they are compatable with your aluminum heads
colder would be better to generate less heat in the head.

I put NGK platinum's in mine, TR55. They are really nice plugs and didn't break the bank.

Original Delco's 102K mi, still had decent tips left.
New Delco's back in and at 160K mi, no problems.
Any plug that lasts 102K as hard as they are to change in an LT1 should be OK!!

i have no problem with that..
but
it's difficult to change plugs , so i just figured as long as i'm in there why not get the best.

LT1 Plugs

OK, I get that AC Delco plugs are good, now with 56,000 miles would you replace them? I see some have gone over 100K before changing them, but these are over 13 years old too. The plug wires have been around that long too.

I fully understand you wanting to change the wires after 13 years, the heat has probably got to them a bit by now. As you can tell I practically live in mine as a daily driver so the miles add up faster. The plugs are a judgement call and you could play it safe and change them or if you want to reduce labor and time costs pull one plug that's easy to get to and check it's condition. With 56K miles if one is OK the rest should be as well. Please don't forget the copper anti seize lube when you put the new plugs in to be kind to the aluminum heads.

Good luck and take your time....

P.S.

If you plan to do the work yourself consider removing the inner wheelwell liners to replace the plugs and wires. I know this sounds like a lot of work and the hard way but having tried it both ways you can have the liners out and back in about 30 minutes, much faster than trying to get to the back plugs especially on the passenger side.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom