Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 Conversion Kit

1996 LT4 Topic

PLRX

My head is playing tricks on me. Weekly I wonder how it would feel to install a LT4 Conversion Kit in my Corvette.

Have anyone done this to their LT1. This may be a project to be accomplished for next birthday. I'd say I'll need extra new parts like timing belt, injectors etc. If anyone knows anything about this conversion shoot me a PM message or e-mail

Not sure of anyone who has done it, but that looks pretty cool. What kind of increase in performance do you think you will achieve?

UB2 SLOW, has done it I know, as far as any others I don't. Hopefully he will see this thread.

This is what Summit says:

Have an LT1, but want an LT4? GM Performance Parts has what you need. These LT1-to-LT4 conversion kits bring the most out of your factory LT1 engine. The kits include LT4 cylinder heads with valves and springs, a red aluminum LT4 intake manifold, GM Performance Parts' hot cam with 1.6:1 ratio Bow Tie roller rockers, and all necessary gaskets. The result of all of these mods is 425+ proven horsepower!

Mad-Mic said:
just curious why do you wanna waste 3 grand or more for 30 horsepower?

Mad-Mic.....You are 100% correct. Good Point. I'll use those 3K for a cruise/vacation or just the hot cam.

It's 6:15 PM and I'll start the installation of my adjustable fuel pressure regulator in 20 minutes. I'll set it up for 48-49 PSI (stock is 47 PSI)

I did the gmpartsdirect.com LT4 Upgrade on my 92 and went from 260ish at the rear wheels to 330 at the rear wheels. My upgrade included Corsa exhaust which added 22 HP at the rear wheels. BTW, I'm still using the stock 92 injectors, 48mm TB and stock exhaust manifolds.

The gmpartsdirect.com kit is part number PK12550630 and it includes the LT4 heads and intake, the LT4 Hot Cam and everything else needed to complete the installation. The cost is $2091.16. You'll probably need a computer reprogram (I used fastchips.com) to make full use of the upgrade.

Figure in you labor (or someone else's labor) and the computer reprogram to see what your bottom line is and then decide if it's worth the cost.

I thought it was worth the cost.

check out http://www.gmpartsdirect.com and then enter PK12550630 in the parts search feature.

Install a set of bee hive comp cam springs 1.6 RR and port your throttle body,exaust cut outs,K&N filter,Aeromotive adj fuel presure regulator,LT4 knock sensor,Hyperpuke programming and 327 RWHP will be the result,Viglante TQ converter 2800 stall that stalls on foot break to 1200 or 1500.
Very low 13's will result.
$1500.00 Barry Grant Nitrous kit 125 shot 11.21 at 122 mph will be the result.
I forgot about the 6AL MSD,Nitrous MAF thing .
fORGET THE lt4 KIT YOUR lt1 HEADS HAVE ALMOST AS BIG IF NOT BIGGER CC 'S IN THE CHAMBERS.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom