Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Magnaflow cats back

blockhead

Does Magnaflow sell a system for a 93 LT-1 Vert from the cats back? Was thinking of installing a Magnaflow system but need one from the cats back as a previous owner seemed to have a clearance problem and ripped a gash in the front section ( between the cats and the mufflers, not the pipes-not sure what its called). Any suggestions on this matter would be appreciated. Actually not certain if Magnaflow is the best way to go or not. HELP!

No, for LT1 only the Magnaflow mufflers. The entire cat-back is for L98 owners.

The part is called the resonator. Have your exhaust guy weld an X-pipe from Magnaflow in its place. Will boost your HP and torque!

SAVE THE :w

My Vette actually ended up with a quieter and smoother sound.

Depends on what engine you have, mods etc. I would think.

I just checked the magnaflow website and they have the mufflers for the lt1 at way over 600, just closed the window but it may have been close to 680.00. I heard people on here paying around 350.00, any idea where they got em'?

Hi lt4man, just want to compliment you on your vette. It's funny that it's your daily driver and it looks like a show car. I got the magna flow catback for my L98 and they sound great.

I just checked the magnaflow website and they have the mufflers for the lt1 at way over 600, just closed the window but it may have been close to 680.00. I heard people on here paying around 350.00, any idea where they got em'?

The system I have (#15623) is the only system that Magnaflow makes for 92-96. For the earlier year C4's they offer a full catback because the stock system warrants replacing. The #15623 is not a complete catback because Magnaflow found that there was no benefit in replacing the pipes back to the mufflers. W/ the "other" catback systems, you are just paying to replace pipe that'll be the same regardless - that is why they just did the mufflers w/ about 2' of mandrel bent tubing attached so you can connect to the stock system forward. Before I bought mine, I did quite a bit of research & found that the Magnaflows are unbeatable for the price - considering sound & quality.
By far the cheapest route to go is to buy from www.performancepeddler.com They advertise the #15623 at like 435.00 BUT if you call them & tell them you are a forum member, you can get the system for 350.00 shipped. ALL IT TAKES IS A PHONE CALL! Do not pay the advertised price!!
Go for it, you'll love 'em!
Cya,
Jeff

Alright!! just got off the phone with performancepeddlers and #15623 should arrive late next week for a grand total of $339.12. Tried to do the two day shipping but it was going to be another $108.00, I can wait. Thanks, owe you one, jefnlsa.

Alright!! just got off the phone with performancepeddlers and #15623 should arrive late next week for a grand total of $339.12. Tried to do the two day shipping but it was going to be another $108.00, I can wait. Thanks, owe you one, jefnlsa.

Right on man, glad I could help. :beer

Hi lt4man, just want to compliment you on your vette. It's funny that it's your daily driver and it looks like a show car. I got the magna flow catback for my L98 and they sound great.

Hey, chickmagnet, thanks so much for your compliment. Sure is a LOT of work to keep my Vette looking so good. I guess I am just like the rest of us Vette Nuts! Nothing is too good for my baby.

You are right about the Magnaflow sound. You have to hear it to believe it.

Jeff, great source and price on the Magnaflows!

Magnaflow #16837 CHEAP!!!

hey guys i just wanted to let ALL you know that ive done LOTS of research and the best price for the full cat-back Magnaflow exhaust is $533.65 and FREE shipping..ill be purchasing mine there all you do is punch in the number "make an offer" and just punch in an amount smaller than $530 and they will send you an email with their best price of $533.65 and that is with free shipping Have fun guys and Happy Vetteing!!!

Does Magnaflow sell a system for a 93 LT-1 Vert from the cats back? Was thinking of installing a Magnaflow system but need one from the cats back as a previous owner seemed to have a clearance problem and ripped a gash in the front section ( between the cats and the mufflers, not the pipes-not sure what its called). Any suggestions on this matter would be appreciated. Actually not certain if Magnaflow is the best way to go or not. HELP!

yes i just installed the Magnaflow catback system on my 94 6SP and there's no resonance problems at all "something that i can't say about the 3 previous magnaflow systems that i installed on past corvettes" yes i would highly recommend this maganflow catback system for the 92-96 LT1 corvettes if your looking for mellow tone but with no resonance issues.

I've had mine on ,which I also got from performance peddler for an awsome price,for about 2 years now and they look and sound as good as the day I got them.Even my wife ,who thought I was crazy for replacing perfectly good mufflers,finally admitted that they were an awsome improvement!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom