Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Magnetic red II

norwegianvette

Corvette
1993 Aqua Convertible
Anyone out there with one who can post a picture. Thinking about a color change and magnetic or candy is the two colors i am thinking about. Have a white interior and think this will make a nice combo.

Steve

Yea, I can help you out. Mag Red II 2001 coupe

americanawax017.jpg

americanawax018.jpg

I like my Mag Red, but I also like the color of your car too! Keep us posted on what you decide.

Yea, I can help you out. Mag Red II 2001 coupe

americanawax017.jpg

americanawax018.jpg

I like my Mag Red, but I also like the color of your car too! Keep us posted on what you decide.

I cant find the name magnetic red II in the color charts. Is it a nick name? Do you have the full code for that paint on your car, it´s beutifull.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

Although you didn't ask for opinions, here's mine! ;) I'd leave your Corvette its original color. Bright Aqua Metallic with white interior was very rare. I like Magnetic Red, but they have been making that color for a long time. Bright Aqua is not seen much. Just my thoughts! :)

Elaine

Steve - here's a link to the CAC specs page on C5 paint codes:

Corvette Action Center | Model Center | 1997 - 2004 Corvette Center | C5 Paint Codes

Although for the 2001 model Mag Red isn't listed specifically, it must be the OEM Code 86 Red Tint Tri-coat.

Like Elaine suggested, I'd think long and hard before changing the color... the 93 Bright Aqua Metallic convertible WITH white interior AND optional hard top has to be a rare combination and in Norway, rarer still.

Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C4 | 1993 | 1993 Corvette Production Figures and Performance Reviews

Bottom line, of course, is it's your Vette - do what you want.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
:wJane Ann

keep the original color, if it really bothers you buy a second Vette in the color you desire.

Yes, XLR8 led you correctly, Code 86 Red Tint Tri-coat, is the official code and name. I'm afraid that many are of the same opinion, in that you ought to keep your car original color. But it's your car and you're the one that has to be satisfied. Keep us posted on what you decide to do. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom